Toyosports Exhaust Install

anthonywilson1

Hi All,

I am new to posting on this forum but have had my gunmetal grey 2007 GT 350Z for over a year now.

So far I haven't done any major modifications just the Bose head unit iPod hack (thanks for the excellent guide on here).

Last week I went to temporarily fix a blowing exhaust which actually turned out to be a complete shearing of the flange area where the back box meets the mid section. Nevertheless, I used a hell of a lot of gun gum and exhaust tape to keep the noise down until I bought a replacement. Check out my amazing fix below...

20zpd1d.jpg

I didn't want to spend a fortune and was considering buying a second hand OEM box to keep me going, that was until I began looking into stainless steel systems. I found the Toyosport system for £240 on eBay, which is a T301 stainless steel back box and mid section. The design is very similar to the Nismo system (see in the picture below). It arrived within 2 days and when I first inspected it was very impressed...good quality...good welds...good design...comes with nuts, bolts and gaskets.

2i7mxp3.jpg

I tried to fit this myself using axle stands but if you have the original OEM exhaust still on like I did I wouldn't recommend it. The original bolts are welded and the rust is a nightmare to get through, even with an angle grinder I couldn't get it off due to access. I took it to a guy I knew with a ramp who fitted it within 45 minutes. Fitment has been said isn't great on this exhaust but in my opinion I had no issues. The tailpipes might need bending slightly but using a metal bar to pry them into position makes this easy.

With regards to the sound it is awesome!! Really brings out the V6 growl when driving off in 1st gear and then sounds just as good at high revs. Not too loud and in my opinion the perfect upgrade from the stock system if you don't want to go mad. If you love a loud Japanese rasp then I would move towards an alternative system.

All in all I am over the moon with this exhaust and it is such good value for money being £160 less than the usual Cobra or Scorpion systems. As long as you know what you're doing during you will have no problems at all.

P.s. I will post pictures tomorrow when it is light

• Like 2