Chritmas come early

zebedy

Huge thanks to RT Performance for some goodies today. GREAT AND EFFICIENT EXPERIENCE FROM A TOP GUY. Thanks also for the discount. Hugley appriciated in what are tough times occassionally for us all im sure. But we do it coz we love it with a passion.

Amuse pics to follow.

• Like 1

Ok. Today's been the first chance I've had to open the boxes. I'm gonna give an honest review of each item in turn just in case there are others interested in purchasing the same items.

First ti open was the rear apron for the back bumper. Purchased from ep racing in Leicester I think but through eBay anyways. The item is es style apron. Which I think keys ear and a few others on here have.

Packaging. Very good with stiff strong cardboard and bubble wrap and tape in abundance.

First glance I could see it was not the best of items. Gel coat very thin. Missing in some area and could see some marks where the apron had pulled from the mould. Stuck in other words. I reckon about two layers of csm ( matting) with thin layers of resin. Altogether very light but due to its shape, quite strong. Trim lines poor and there is evidence of stress lines in the gel coat which is an indication of too much cat in the resin. So all in all a bit of work to do before even offering it up to the car. Oh yes be aware that its been moulded for an import so alteration around the number plate reveal is required. I'm not phased as I've bags of experience with kits.

DSC_0267_zpsalibao0f.jpg

Note sure if you can see but stresslines in the gel coat.

DSC_0265_zps6f8t4tap.jpg

Trim lines quite rough.

DSC_0269_zps4umi0xbw.jpg

DSC_0268_zpshywhehbf.jpg

DSC_0264_zpsdezeboo4.jpg

So this is how it comes with a recess for the jdm rear. All in all as expected with grp items produced by the Far East. Would be interesting to know how the veil side kits hold out. I've built kit cars in the past spending upwards of eight grand on panels which were on par with this. So not always you get what you paid.

Ok next is RT Performances Amuse front. What can I say. A trillion miles apart. Far superior product.

Great packaging.

Estimated about four layers of mat.

Nice thick gel coat.

Trim lines spot on.

No pulls no filler. Looks as tho they look after their moulds as lines are sharp.

Came pre primeed in grey with black resin around the inside.

Attached small steel tags to fix mesh.

Guys I highly reccomend R T. Well done guys. More to buy from you in due course.

DSC_0255_zpsfhdt97p9.jpg

DSC_0257_zpsdntc2yqx.jpg[/url

DSC_0256_zpsxlf5izbp.jpg

Nice clean trims. Minimal work from me required.

Edited by ZZZebady
  • Like 1

Lastly for now the side skirts. Produced in germany and can be bought from eBay. Item is AR side skirts. I've bought direct from these before so know the quality. Not as good as RT but better than EP Racing. So not bad for your buck. They do require a small amount of trimming between the door jamb and door against the OEM sill step.

Some filling required where item is pulled and a few small marks on the gel coat. Some sanding prepping and high build primer is the way to go.

DSC_0258_zpscwrdhrcc.jpg

Nice sharp lines

DSC_0260_zpsey09cbh7.jpg

DSC_0261_zpsvhshawap.jpg

Typical of some grip kits.

DSC_0262_zpshepuzrtp.jpg

Note sure if you can see these.

Next step will be fitting the sills which ill document again. Was debating what to use as bonding. In the past I've always used fibrefill or p40 but once set there is no flexibility as its made up of fibreglass strands and resin. Others swear blind on sikoflex and tiger seal, so this time gonna opt for the latter as I plan to stiffen and lower the car at a later stage. This stuff will not crack under vibration or stresses of the roads which are mostly **** poor condition around where I live. It may be after having a closer look at the sills they could just fix on with a few self tappers or pop rivets??

GM...honestly their stuff is the dogs doodaas compared to the sides and rear.

Yeah look's like you've got your work cut out for you with the sides & rear parts. :scare::thumbdown:

Try to put together a good log of your progress ~ will help other members out as I guess some people won't realize how much work can be involved with getting these kits to fit & look good.

Best of luck. :thumbs: