Is this standard OEM cats with Cobra resonated? What to do about cabin noise?

Randy_Baton

Hi,

Just trying to understand my set up as the exhaust was on the car before I brought it and there wasn't any paperwork.

Looks like a Cobra resonated system to me including Y pipe, but what about the rusty old Cats?

I find the cabin noise a bit intolerable on the motorway with the hum around 70-80 being the worst, so wondering what I could do.

IMG_2016_zps0a51b7a1.jpg

IMG_2017_zps8812f067.jpgIMG_2018_zps9d1e7130.jpgIMG_2019_zpsee9fbe50.jpgIMG_2020_zps31d467d5.jpg

Edited by Randy_Baton

I think the clips may have been added by the garage when I had the clutch changed. They mentioned something about a heat shield being rusty/falling off and clipping it back in place.

So should I look into getting new cats or is it just the heat shield that need replacing?

Any tips on reducing the cabin noise?

So should I look into getting new cats or is it just the heat shield that need replacing?

Any tips on reducing the cabin noise?

If it was me I'd get a nice set of HFC's if I was you to replace the old CAT's.

Not sure if it will help get rid of the "hum" on the motorways you describe though as that may be down to your Cobra exhaust system. I get no drone/hum from my set up with Berks HFC's but that is with an Invidia Gemini exhaust system.