dating letter from dvla advice please :(

eva

I have just had my 350z imported from Japan and after it arrived i sent all my documents to DVLA for registration. Surprise surprise they lost my original document which i sent recorded delivery but they still cant find it. I have now tried to explain this to DVLA, but they are demanding i now need a dating letter from an enthusiast club. I have now had the car for 2 months and sadly have not been able to register it, can somebody please help and point in right direction as DVLA are being there usual selves.

Kindest Regards

Eva :(

Word to the wise: Recorded delivery is useless, either use council post or Special Delivery so you get the signature. No help now, but worth remembering for the future. :)

What's a dating letter anyway?

Recorded delivery is a signature, in fact it's now called "Signed For" instead. But whether they received it or not is irrelevant as they are still good at losing things apparently.

Never heard of a dating letter, either, might go google.

But can you bring up the signature on-line? You never used to be able to. That's where Special pwns all.

No but the PO can see it. Don't think it makes much of a difference when sending to somewhere like the DVLA, though, you'll not know who should be signing for it.

Besides, it's £1.72 I think for a recorded letter, it's £6.40 for SD. I know if it's high sensitive documents SD is the best way to go, but seeing as it was received, the extra tracking that SD provides is irrelevant.