tracking

Rock_Steady

Not for the zed but for my every day plodder Mk4 golf. I've had many cars as i'm sure many of you have and i'm really anal over the tracking. Just recently I had new tyres on the golf and I put on new drop links too. I had it tracked up with a laser system. The steering wheel sits a little to the right on a straight road. Take my hands off the wheel momentarily and it'll drift left. Is there something wrong here? I mean, I know the camber of the road may make a difference but shouldn't the steering wheel be perfectly straight or not? I also noticed that sometimes just for a moment, as a left hander comes, i'm still steering right a little, just for short while before I have turn left more to make up for the severity of the corner. Any thoughts?

Had my wheels tracked the other day. Still pulled like hell to the left.

Swapped the front wheels left to right......straight as a die now.

If you have mixed tyres, unevenly worn tyres etc it can make all the difference with tracking.

• Like 1

If its pulling then its one of the rear wheels that isnt straight.

Did you get just tracking or 4 wheel alignment?

it was 4 wheel alignment to my knowledge.

Did you get a print out with all wheel adjustments? Some claim to be 4 wheel alignment but they only use the rear wheels as a guide to adjust the front.

Example

7816BB75-AA2C-4D29-A384-CBFC99C455AC-21911-0000110C89BBA82B_zpsf720c57f.jpg