Gumball 3000 - Manchester, Crashes, yesterday

marzman

Apologies if this is a repost, i had a look but couldnt see anything.

Not entirely sure what the crack was, but as i'm fairly local my facebook has been full of pictures and videos from it today.

A few clever folk managed to stuff their nice cars on a public road in front of hundreds of people, which is all on film.

C63 AMG Crash at 1.20

Jaguar XFRS crash (this was close the hitting the guy filming!)

https://www.facebook...53218217394966"

Edited by marzman

What a bunch of total morons and the people watching are no better. :thumbdown:

Why the Police aren't there booking everyone of them pretty much for careless or dangerous driving is beyond me. :shrug::dry:

Hopefully the police and county council will see this video and take action, I'm sure the number plates are visible. Makes me angry to see idiotic, immature driving like this.

Pete

• Like 1

Apparently The AMG had gone in to be valeted and was being driven without the permission of the owner. The Jag was daddy's car.

Pete

i knew about the Jag but if thats true about the AMG thats unreal.

May well not be true, I'm seeing several different stories. The car was hired for the day. The car was leased or the car belonged to daddy....Eye witnesses reported that the first thing the driver did was remove the number plates (a bit too late really). Damage was fairly severe, some Mercs drop their engines in a front end crash so it doesn't penetrate the cockpit and it looks like all the air bags went off too..

Pete

*Insurance Company*

"Was there any witnesses?"

Answer.... Nope just me (in a ploy to avoid any responsibility)

Along come 300 videos :lol:

Clearly had no skill and should be restricted to driving nothing more than a pedal bike!!

I watch exactly the same thing at Le Mans every year with about 300 other people, we are sorry we have all disappointed you so much.

TBF, if you cant do a 1st gear burnout then you probably deserve to be stoving the car anyway. :lol:

• Like 1

I watch exactly the same thing at Le Mans every year with about 300 other people, we are sorry we have all disappointed you so much.

Apology accepted. :lol:

Is it exactly the same thing though? E.g. an open public road with normal motorists on? :dry:

Imo ~ Anyone doing that on an open public road is a moron and yes the people watching are no better; Just encouraging the idiot drivers to act even more recklessly.

The crashes that happened could have easily hurt people or caused damage to innocent motorists who where just using the roads normally to get to & from work/home/shopping/picking up kids etc. :angry:

Apology accepted. :lol:

Is it exactly the same thing though? E.g. an open public road with normal motorists on? :dry:

Oh, its much worse, imagine a smallish football crowd stopping every single car (even when drven by pensioners) and urging it to burnout straight into the rest of the crowd. Its not called mad friday for nothing :D

Probably my favourite video, this dude is a mate of mine. Note monkey boy dancing and the feelings of the Gendarme at the end as well :D

Thats an open, public road BTW ;)

Edited by docwra