Looking For Wheels ?

bytespc

That got your attention didn't it, on a serious note I would like to reiterate what many people on this forum and others have stated until they are blue in the face....if your looking to upgrade your wheels then MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE RIGHT OFFSETS ....it's a small thing but in the great scheme of things it's damned important , it means your new wheels fit correctly without shims / spigots / spacers et al and believe me when I tell you, YOU WILL THANK ME IN THE END ...

Our beloved Z's are long legged GT cars...not racers ( though if you have a shed load of spare cash you can make it into one ) the difference of a wheel with correct offsets and one made to fit with one or more of the items listed above is simply mind blowing , my car is now such a beast and for the first time in four months of ownership ( see my other threads ) I finally get what a sweet handling drive our beloved Z's are and since having my correctly specked wheels fitted ( thanks Chris ) I haven't stopped smiling :)

Edited by bytespc
  • Like 1

Interesting. But for the less well informed want are offsets and what do they do for you?

I have considered new wheels and would never have thought about "offsets". Are they something to do with the hole to wheel nut alignment?

Interesting. But for the less well informed want are offsets and what do they do for you?

I have considered new wheels and would never have thought about "offsets". Are they something to do with the hole to wheel nut alignment?

http://m.fastcar.co.uk/2012/01/12/what-is-offset-and-pcd/

There you go quite well described too

It's how far the wheels stick out / in from the hub ..... Lower the offset the further out they stick .

Bytespc - pics please :)

There is one in another thread but more will only be forthcoming when I've had a chance to wash her and use my newly ordered poorboys rim wax so probably next week sometime.

I will always consult the wheel offset guru before buying wheels so I know that they will be correct in -

1. not sticking out

2. clearing the suspension

3. clearing the brake calipers

4. not rubbing the arches

I refer of course to Grundy - but if your in a hurry you can also ask Ian :thumbs:

• Like 1