plenum spacer installation

philw99

Got a new plenum spacer off wasso tried to get it fitted this weekend, just really struggled with the torque settings.

Instruction say inch-pounds start with 40 and work up too 100, can't go that low on my two torque wrenches.

Going to buy a new one this week, any suggestions?

I'll take a look now on web

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had to borrow the halfords one, the side talks about 6-44 lbf.ft so hopefully i'm not crazy it doesn't go low enough just assume its over kill.

20140915_064625.jpg so assume this is 5? If so think i'll start at that the do 8.33 after.

Thanks for the help

Got the plenum spacer installed, torqued everything up as per the instructions. Screwed up in a particular order. Seems ok ish, can't hear any leaks but it doesn't idle that great. Any suggestions?

You shouldn't have any idle issues.

Something has not gone back correctly.

I've had people many a time mail me with an issue, subsequently "something" hasn't been put back correctly.

Check all hoses as this is likely.

Got the plenum spacer installed, torqued everything up as per the instructions. Screwed up in a particular order. Seems ok ish, can't hear any leaks but it doesn't idle that great. Any suggestions?

Pretty sure Paddy on here had an issue before after fitting a spacer ~ he'd trapped the rubber surround from the oil filler area under his plenum. Worth checking for silly things like that.

As Wasso said you shouldn't have a problem with these & when people do it's usually something not being correctly put back on/fitted. :thumbs:

I'll have to get someone to look at it :( had a quick check over all the hoses look connected to me. No rubber bit in the way next to the oil filler. Did change the spark plugs at the same time guess it could be that? Stupid of me to do two things at once.

Personally I'd be checking the plugs, packs firmly on spark plugs and the electronic plugs are back correctly.

There would be no reason for a soacer to generate an idle issue.

Plugs, cool packs, and electronics firing cylinders will cause an idle issue. This I would check one by one and see how you get on.

dont want to talk out of place here but i d be checking the air intake pipe.....i ve seen a couple now that look as if they were correctly fitted but once removed you could see that they had been pinched ie not seated properly to the air box and plenum..........idle and popping sounds like air leak probs to me ;) hope this helps

Edited by buster

Right people completely removed the plenum spacer, used the old bots put it back to standard and I'm very happy to report idle is 100% normal 😃 car drives as normal.

So would appear my plugs are fine and the pipes are all fitted correct.

Edited by philw99

Gasket cover??

The oem metal gasket should remain insitu, spacer on top. Bolts tightened as per the instructions.

Don't take apart the spacer. The gaskets are bonded and must remain.

See what happens but you should not be getting idle issues with a spacer.