New York

Daryl

Back in January I booked flights and hotel for me and Estelle to New York, and just told her what dates to book off work. Now keeping it a secret for 9 months has not been easy, a lot of family and friends knew, and luckily they keep quiet too. The trip morphed from Ireland, to The Ring, to Scotland. lol

This was our 1st wedding anniversary present as well as her 30th birthday present, so I thought id make it special.

Anyway, flew out Thursday morning, and got back Tuesday morning, and have to say what an amazing experience it was. I didnt think I would enjoy it as much as I did, but id happily go back there again, and soak up some more atmosphere, and explore some more. I think it has to be on the list of places you must go before you die. Saw pretty much every major sight there was to see, so it was an exhausting trip, but well worth it.

• Like 4

Glad you guys enjoyed it Daryl, it's a fantastic city. Good that you went out for 5 days too, there's so much to see.

We've been a couple of times and we'd head back there again tomorrow as long as commitments / timing / money allowed.

Feel like we've still only scratched the surface and that there's plenty more to see still. What did you enjoy the most? Did anything surprise you? Was there anything you missed which you'd like to back and see?

More importantly, what did your better half think? :)

• Like 1

The thing that surprised me the most is how much I enjoyed it, it was a trip booked for Estelle more than me, as I knew she always wanted to go, but I had a really good time. The people are really nice, there is loads to see, and its a pretty clean city. We saw some of the 'real' NYC too, walked around the West side and also around China town and East Villiage and Grenwhich area. We found a brilliant a little bar in China Town called Skal,the guy who runs it grew up in England, and lived in the same villiage as Estelle around the same time,. We found the cocktails were expensive, but then found out that they were double strengths, so actually you get 2 in a glass. Estelle loved it, it was a really surprise, and was even better as we were bumped up to Club World on the flight out there and back, and we even got an upgrade to the hotel room, so it all went better than expected.

• Like 1

glad you enjoyed it, I've been 5 times and would go again, there is just so much to see. I would recommend a sightseeing tour bus, it gives you a good overview, I will go again ! I went to see a show on broadway ...not my cup of tea but i really enjoyed it

Certainly not a relaxing holiday, so much walking :lol:

• Like 1