Nismo, Tokyo.

choptop

Visited Nismo in Tokyo last Friday. I was really looking forward to seeing what they had accessory wise and what their garages were like.

To say I was dissapointed was an understatement.

They are only open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoons so I took the train and after a change at Shingowa Station arrived at what can only be decribed as an office block with at garage underneath. The shop was very small and no-one said hello which is very strange in Japan where everyone is very friendly. They had no stock and when I asked for the cost of a Nismo Sports Exhaust I was told that they did not make it for my year of manufacture and never had. The chap was about as useful as a chocolate teapot. They could get one for 2006 onward cars but the cost excluding tax or any shipping was 189 Thousand Yen. Cheaper to get one from Adam at Z1 Performance in New York who is also a great chap to deal with.

Nismo, you really are doing yourself no favours. The reality is well short of the hype :thumbdown:

Yes but you have to remember that they are first and foremost Nissan Motorsports, and from this they derive the parts and accessory marketing and this marketing is through franchised dealers, so it is no suprise to me that they weren't so helpfull for a public sale.

And also remember that NISMO should not be selling parts for your European car, because that would mean they authorise them for european markets etc... and could be held responsible for any legal, homologation or other issues.

NISMO has not tested and developed exhausts, dampers, brakes, clutches etc... to meet european requirements, and while they will probably be OK, and have no problems, they have not got whatever homologations , CE marking or whatever it is, they need to sell and guarantee the parts.

So they cannot really sell you anything for your car, if it is EURO SPEC knowingly so.

I think this is the reason they were not so helpfull.

Yes but you have to remember that they are first and foremost Nissan Motorsports, and from this they derive the parts and accessory marketing and this marketing is through franchised dealers, so it is no suprise to me that they weren't so helpfull for a public sale.

And also remember that NISMO should not be selling parts for your European car, because that would mean they authorise them for european markets etc... and could be held responsible for any legal, homologation or other issues.

NISMO has not tested and developed exhausts, dampers, brakes, clutches etc... to meet european requirements, and while they will probably be OK, and have no problems, they have not got whatever homologations , CE marking or whatever it is, they need to sell and guarantee the parts.

So they cannot really sell you anything for your car, if it is EURO SPEC knowingly so.

I think this is the reason they were not so helpfull.

I have to say that the shop was for selling parts/conversions/ t-shirts etc direct to the public so really cannot say that I was that impressed. People were bringing in their cars for mods to be done in their garage. I know there is a language barrier but their attitude still sucked. Pictures to follow when I get back to the UK. :thumbs: