what a rotten day for the zed! (not a crash!)

hensh65

Last night i got my front and rear lights fly eyed, bit marmite but there you go. That went fine thankfully.

This morning i got up early to make a journey to get my double din fitted. My car has a clarion sub and amp that i didnt fit so didnt fancy doing the job myself. Bought the kit of incartech to make sure i had the right things. The guy comes out and tells me the loom i have is wrong. He goes on to try and explain why but said hed order me up one but not to get rid of mine as he might need it...... i think the loom is right and he had over cooked his work and didnt want to do it today. Well not that bad ill go back next Saturday.

So i thought i would go to halfords, bought some new megs shampoo and polish and some spray paint to do the window wipers. Queue next problem, got the passenger one off but couldnt for the life of me get the drivers one to budge. Wd40 and yanking as hard as my girly frame would allow to no avail. But nope i am useless :rant:

Put the passenger one back on and drove my mate to pick up his car from the garage. On a spirited drive home (he has a mk2 ttv6 quattro) i pull up at the house with the window down. Boom exhaust is blowing. Looks like its coming from the y pipe. Will need to try and annoy neilp as i always do to cast his eye over it.

Terrible day but i have locked up and cracked open a beer.

Have a good weekend :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ah mate that is fairly rotten ! Beer sounded like the best way to end a day like that :thumbs: My exhaust might be blowing and my blower randomly turns on due to the white cable cord being slightly damaged..and to top it off noticed the tiniest tiniest little ding in my passenger door.. its so small its fecking hard to see but still wound me up.. might have been there since ownership tbh ! You'll get it sorted though :)

Edited by SJ350z
  • Like 1

Just seen this! Is it the y-pipe that's knackered mate or the gaskets? I have a couple of spare gaskets

Not got a clue mate, i was leaning in reving with my hand well looking under. Couldnt really tell. But its defo from the y pipe area.

I'd thought you would already have a cat-back lol. What system have you got from the Y-pipe back? Get a Cobra... join my non-modified club :lol:

Was the only mod tthatwas done before i got the car. Looks like its just a custom stainless steel. Not been under to see anything.