Boot lid removal

6705russell

When I first had the Z I had a fair but of water ingress which was leaking onto the headlining, eventually I ended up gun king up the drivers side boot lid hinge and this has stopped the leak, I presume it was seeping in through the bolt holes of the hinge, has anyone removed their boot lid and is it reletavely easy to do? I want to put some new rubber seals on the hinges as a permanent fix if possible...

Thanks in advance for any help..

Not hard to remove - needs at least to fairly strong blokes, 3 to make it easy.

Remove the 2 boot lid supports from the car end - 2x 10mm bolts on each - take a note of which way up they go - people seem to put them back on upside down, it's an easy mistake.

Remove the clips holding the back edge of the roof lining

From the back looking in on the left side above the headlining you should be able to find 2 plugs, these will come apart if you squeeze the clip and wiggle them.

Now find the 2x 12mm bolts on each hinge remove these while the second person holds the boot up and steady - easiest if one person holds it open and one person removes the bolts on each side.

Now slide it backwards and up - at the same time you need to feed the wiring loom through the roof by releasing the grommet and pushing them through - jobs a good un :thumbs:

All from memory so I may of missed something!!!!

Hope it helps :)

It's heavier than it looks !!!!!!

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1