Suzi - Smile for the Camera!

Wasso

Wasso, have you got a build thread? Without sounding dodgy, I love your rear end! Haha!

Erm :blush: thanks :thumbs:

See here, http://www.350z-uk.c...e-from-denmark/ although you may need to pull up a comfy sofa and prepare yourself with a cup of coffee and some biscuits, now on 30 pages.

Just wondered...what is the longest thread on the forum? The project thread from the VX220 forum I posted was pretty hefty at 218 pages, any challengers to that on here :) ?

Cheers mate! Currently on a training course so gives me something to do ;) The rear bumper in your sig is a chargespeed one is it?

i believe it was.... before it was customised!!

Nail on the head, the build thread shows the before and after of the customisation.

Anyone else hoping Suzi was his new missus? :lol:

A mate of mine got snapped the other day and the pic appeared on another mates FB feed, its a small world :)

I'm happy with my current and long term Mrs unless you know something I don't?? :scare:

My Zed is called Suzi after Suzi Perry, don't know why but Suzi has stuck since purchase :lol:

After reading your build thread I'm desperate for your rear bumper :rant: Pretty much perfection as far as a Z goes! The modified one is a Chargespeed replica is it?

Basically yes, but the daughter of it's mother. I owned the original Chargespeed in which the copies have been generated from. Whilst the material quality isn't a patch on the original Chargespeed, it's allowed me to cut the bottom section out without damaging a rare original bumper. I'm afraid the original has now been sold though.

Are the replica's difficult to come by? Your modified one looks awesome with that exhaust, looks OEM but much better!

Cheers Josh, speak with RT Performance (Trader) as they are the ones who copied my original.

Me too, but with house moving, still trying to get a replacement vehicle for the daily longhaul has tied me up. Chris has had his personal issues, although we've now agreed to start Jamuary once Christmas is out the way.

Everything will then be clear of issues solicitors and the like so I'll have a clean sweep 4 months to get the swap done.

Jamuary was a fat thumb error to be honest lol. But ended up quite apt for the Zed Shed :lol:

Fruit and veg sounds like a great idea Steve.

Daz - thanks for the offer but got my eyes on a Alfa 159 2.4 diesel. Really fancy itching the need for a Alfa. It may be a short lived affair depending on how long it lasts. A quick remap on these things and it's 250bhp and a bucket of torque. Might hurt the fuel economy but will have some fun or pain either way.

I fell in love with alfas through my friend who has about 20 alfas from as far back as late 60s. They were very advanced in their time and almost got killed off during the 80s when Italy was in recession and quality control and materials where overlooked but they still were very innovative. If you can get a 156 GTA 3.2l in good condition and history for a good price you will not loose a penny on it. They are going up in value and getting rare to find. My friend has been telling to get one and he is an Alfaholic and very good speculator so consider it. Another modern-ish alfa that is in the up is the 155 Q4 cloverleaf. It's the precursor of the turbo 4wd saloons exemplified by Subaru and Mitsubishi. My friend has one and it just amazing! But I doubt you will find one. If you want pure beauty and diesel then the 159 GT is the one. Also comes with petrol.

Good luck with everything mate.

Ahh cool, good luck with a reliable Alfa running extra boost :surrender:

& once that breaks buy a german based run around ;) & never fear of it failing you. :hug:

Don't be a pessimist Dazza. I've ran a couple of alfas now with no issues. You need to buy a good one in the first place. How many cars of that era had 50:50 weight distribution, high revving and very tractable responsive engines?

Ady, maybe avoid the Alfa 156 then :bangin:

The 159 is far improved.

Darren - Never will I buy German unless I'm bored with everything else in the market, sorry.

Thanks Bennet for the history lesson :lol: I'll be buying a bit more current. Although the old classics are great...... :thumbs: