What would you do?

Flex

Well on Saturday I reversed into the neighbours car, not sure what happened apart from my stupidity and perhaps I was high from spraying pine cones (for my wedding).

Anyway got into the Golf reversed it and boom (thankfully not the Zed - probably would have pushed their car through their garage door), man it shocked me and I felt a complete tool.

So obviously I went and told the neighbour and he came out and had a look, he had a cursory look round and said looks fine.

Should I insist he takes it to a garage for a look round? I dont really want to be sat not knowing if I owe him anything for potential damage to his car and if he doesnt get round to getting it checked out and something happens in the future and he tries to blame me for any possible future damage.

Was thinking take him a bottle wine and see if everything is ok and ask him if he's had chance to get anyone to look at it? Or offer for AA to come look?

Or take bottle of wine round and then just leave it be?

Take some wine and beers, but dont take Bears as Grundy suggested as they might rip his head off and eat him !!!.

If he's happy with his wine and beers move on pal, good result...

• Like 8

You sir, are a gentlemen. Unfortunately there are a lot of people that would pretend it didn't happen or try to get away with that. Credit to you for trying to resolve the matter and beinh honest :thumbs:

Like grundy said .. go round with a Bear... lol. If its the fluffy kind he might the wrong end of it :lol:

I expect he is like the majority of the population and wonder why some owners get so anal about their cars, so your proposed gesture will probably make him think Christmas has come early...... :lol:. So like 370ad said ^^^ - a bottle of Malt should earn you a lot of brownie points :thumbs:

But the fact you owned up does you credit anyway - how many times have we seen posts about hit and runs and members left having to fork out hundreds of pounds through no fault of theirs and I bet many would have shrugged it off if they had and it was minor - just pleased that the culprit owned up :shrug:

I'm with Mouthwash on this.

Take him a Bottle of Wine/Bears etc.

Did you mean twobears? I'm not sure she'd be that willing to help :lol:

:scare::lol:

Sowwwwiiiiiiiiiiii

I think the deciding factor is, what car was it?

Brand new AMG? Take an expensive bottle of drink.

Some beat up corsa/fiesta thats 20 years old? Take him some white lightning :lol:

05 Focus estate, with part of a wing mirror missing :lol:

One can of Stella?

:lol: Joking aside, look at it like, you do this for him now, if he accidentally bumps into the Z, he will always remember your gesture.

True but I'll see green if he bumps the Zed and call him a count! And not count of monte cristo.

• Like 1

How well do you know him? Take round a single malt and share it with him....Then you know everything is going to be ok :D

yeah light some candles, and play some Barry White :flowers:

Unfortunately neither him or his Mrs are that fit!