Bike accident

nixy

While I was at Trax today I got the dreaded call that my son had come off his Yamaha R6. He was riding it to work and was only using it because someone ran his car off the road and into a pothole on friday and it caused a puncture - otherwise he would have been in the car! He hit a patch of diesel and came off over the handlebars. He spent the morning in hospital after a kind person picked him up off the road and took him but apart from bumps and bruises he is fine. His bike is a mess and his brand new michael rutter replica helmet it knackered as well. I'm not too sure of the damage to the bike yet but it looks fixable so if anyone knows a place where we can get any R6 bits cheap I would be grateful. I am relieved he is ok but he is obviously very upset about his bike which is his pride and joy!

:rant: diesel ! people dont realise how lethal it can be to a biker, did he report it to the police ? glad to hear he's ok , crash bungs are a good idea, its prob just plastics, footpeg and lever, which arent too bad to get hold of

One side of the bike looks immaculate and the other side has deep scrapes and scuffs on every single panel, one headlight, one indicator, and oil is leaking out but it still goes ok. I don't know what else is damaged as that's just me looking at it. Luckily summer's nearly over and we've moving to a house with a garage so it can be his winter project but typically he wants it sorted immediately and doesn't have the money!

:rant: diesel ! people dont realise how lethal it can be to a biker, did he report it to the police ? glad to hear he's ok , crash bungs are a good idea, its prob just plastics, footpeg and lever, which arent too bad to get hold of

What Gixxer you got Matey. I used to have a '96 750 SRAD and would love another.

What Gixxer you got Matey. I used to have a '96 750 SRAD and would love another.

k6 750 mate, cant beat that induction noise :yahoo::yahoo: , i had a srad 600 nice bikes :thumbs:

If anyone can help with sourcing parts, here's a list of what he says he needs

all for a YZF R6 Red and White 1999 model and design

Front nose cone including headlights

R/h up fairing panel

R/h engine cover

possibly rear fairing behind seat but may be resprayable also R/H lower fairing but may also be re-sprayable.

indicators

clutch and brake levers

Cheers guys

R/h up fairing panel

R/h engine cover

possibly rear fairing behind seat but may be resprayable also R/H lower fairing but may also be re-sprayable.

indicators

clutch and brake levers

Cheers guys

Have you forwarded this to tim?

R/h up fairing panel

R/h engine cover

indicators

clutch and brake levers

Cheers guys

Have you forwarded this to tim?

I dont carry S/H spares as a general rule, like I said before get in touch with Partfinder or Partsearch and they will contact hundreds of breakers with your requirements..

I nearly always get any bits I want this way :thumbs: