police law experts about bikes

SJ350z

Bud - never a good idea to ask for legal advice on a forum. If you have a real need for advice see a lawyer or alternatively google for other legal advice providers in your area e.g law centres.

Edited by sipar69

Why on earth would it be illegal for police to chase a fleeing motorbike?! :lol:

Not illegal in the slightest. As with all pursuits, a risk assessment will be made and the decision to pursue made on the results of that.

• Like 2

Just to clarify.. I have not run or ever intending to do. Take that as you will I am genuinely curious. People I do know have been naughty as it were and have never heard anything of it and I've heard so many times from friends in cars and bikes. Like that officers are not allowed to chase motorbikes who speed heavily to get away.

Just wanted clarification do not assume that this is with relevance to me :thumbs:

Also - if a motorbike speeds excessively due to a police chase it puts the ridders life and members of the public at risk. That's why it could be illegal

Illegal isn't quite the right term to use, but you are correct in that the RA would be made and those things would be considered.

So say if I murdered my girlfriend, cut her up in to pieces and put her in the fridge. I then invited Grundy around for dinner and fed him the remains, would it be illegal for the police to excavate Grundy's bowels?

Edit: I have it on good authority he can eat a lot.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 2

As Ekona says, they do a risk assesment, think previously they have been credited with partial blame when pursuits have ended in serious crashing. I think (from watching road wars :lol: ) they try and hang on till they get a chopper over head then they just hang back and catch him when he slows or comes to a halt.

It's to do with 'elf n safety' varies from Force to Force. Drawn up by civilians as risk assessment documents. Of course it all depends on what the motorcyclist has done. If you have just shot the Prime Minister and made off on a solo, you're going to get 'stopped', if you have committed a minor road traffic offence, then the police will be ordered not to pursue. Also depends on level of training of the driver too.

I suppose you could request the details of each Forces policy under some freedom of information act.

Of course the above is out of date now..........

Retired.

• Like 1

It's to do with 'elf n safety' varies from Force to Force. Drawn up by civilians as risk assessment documents. Of course it all depends on what the motorcyclist has done. If you have just shot the Prime Minister and made off on a solo, you're going to get 'stopped', if you have committed a minor road traffic offence, then the police will be ordered not to pursue. Also depends on level of training of the driver too.

I suppose you could request the details of each Forces policy under some freedom of information act.

Of course the above is out of date now..........

Retired.

That

To chase or not to chase is decided by "dispatcher" at police station... Seen that on traffic cops :D lol

Same applies for chasing cars (again, as per traffic cops or similar)... If there's a further danger to be caused by the chase or driver not fully qualified - they can call chase off..

So say if I murdered my girlfriend, cut her up in to pieces and put her in the fridge. I then invited Grundy around for dinner and fed him the remains, would it be illegal for the police to excavate Grundy's bowels?

Wait how the fook did I get dragged into this? :lol:

Also on a serious note....

If I'm unclear on legal proceedings I watch Super Troopers and Police Academy 1.

For complex matters, Tango & Cash.

This! This is all the information you will need from meow on.
  • Like 2

so you wont let him sleep in the same bed as you and your missus but youll let him eat her bits

• Like 2