Do I take the offer.... and go for the Monaro...YES YES YES

rmmackfc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the first mod a 'de-badge'?? :)

Probably, although I've created a bit of a split opinion on that on HSV forum :blush: No holes under any badges, so easy :thumbs: Although I may just take the Vauxhall one off

Griffin enthusiasts vs car enthusiasts by chance??

Would just make the rear look cleaner IMO. :thumbs:

Is the first mod a 'de-badge'?? :)

Probably, although I've created a bit of a split opinion on that on HSV forum :blush: No holes under any badges, so easy :thumbs: Although I may just take the Vauxhall one off

If your keping the badges then put the Monaro on the left hand side and keep the VXR on the right.

i'd personally just keep the VXR.

Looks nice anyway mate!! B)

very cool cars - does that use the same engine as we get here in the states? (it was sold here as the GTO)

Yip, LS2 Old Corvette 6.0L. It used to have a trunk, until you guys started getting them :p They moved the fuel tank into the trunk!..... although that then freed up space for twin exhausts :teeth:

Nice B) Dan fell in love with his.

I'm sure he maybe able to help you out if you have any questions on the car or even if you need some questions to ask the dealer.

So much so he just bought another :teeth:

Searched high and low in fact, and will always be looking. Not only a great drive but bloody good news sale wise aswell.

Anyone heard of these guys....

http://www.quickars.co.uk/21156/quickarsltd.htm

They have one or two for sale at good prices and low miles

Yes I've dealt with them, they messed me around quite a bit. They were supposed to be buying my last Monaro from me, 56 plate with 4k. They offered me a trade profit, I accepted their offer, and two weeks later they moaned at me because I sold the car retail. ie they had two weeks to come and collect the car and didn't turn up, then moaned at me for selling it ! In the trade you don't mess people about like that and I wouldn't deal with them again.

Rank amateurs and a couple of prats IMO.

Made it to the end of the thread LOL

Well done mate, you will love that engine, any revs, any gear it just goes. Massive torque makes overtaking a lark, you never need drop below 4th gear unless you really want to show something up LOL. Keep that traction control switched on in the wet :D

Two more points, in Black my last Monaro turned more heads than any other car I've owned and you will comfortably get 25 mpg at 80-90 on the motorway. Sure you will get into the teens on the back roads giving it plenty but the gearing is so high and there is so much torque its very easy to get decent fuel economy from these cars.

My only complaint was the car was too quiet LOL

It's got a 6 litre V8 and I want to hear it god dammit !!!

There is a sports exhaust available from Vauxhall ( about £1800 I think ) and that would be the first mod I would make if I was keeping the car.

Enjoy :thumbs:

I 100% agree - it looks B) .

Its the type of motor I would imagine Darth Vader having in his garage.

The only (tiny) downside in my nopinion is that its a Vauxhall - but you'll be going that quick no one will notice the badge - get the holden badges slapped on and that will confuse the majority of the population!

Stunning Car!!

had a couple of goes in these, once at GM's Tourist event in vegas,

Dave; Just let me get this straight I can go as fast as i feel comfortable?

GM Bloke; Yup, yer english you wont scare me, by the way only one foot on the pedals (Auto)

Dave: OK, there's one for each foot!!

After the first corner, white knuckles were seen, then janice had a go!

The only reason i never got on is that Janice isn't too happy with the driving position,

Dave

The only reason i never got on is that Janice isn't too happy with the driving position,

Dave

Yeah the driving position is a little unusual, needs a bit of fiddling with but the seats are among the best I've ever sat in, absolutely fantastic.

I actually wish I had kept my last one, it was a black 56 plate with only 4k on the clock and one owner. Difficult to replace and sold in ten days, just as I was getting attached to it :headhurt: