Windows on a MAC?

Wasso

If you don't want to have the Mac running at the same time - bootcamp. It's free (look in utilities for bootcamp utility) and runs windows native :thumbs:

Ahhh yes I read something about bootcamp. I have no need to run iOS with windows at the same time.

All I need it for is to run the Audison software to configure and setup my sound processor in the car. Should be a one off job and then take it to a Audio shop for a full on Bit Tune and oscilloscope setup.

Set up for a one off is a bit of a faff with Bootcamp - but it would certainly be my choice as it costs nothing - assuming you have a full install dvd or iso for Windows that is (you'd need these for Parallels or VM fusion too though).

Alternatively Oracle do an free emulator (Virtualbox) which might be the temporary way forward instead. Trouble with emulators might be driver support if required (my knowledge runs out at this point as I know nothing of Audision requirements).

Poooo so I'd also need a copy of Windows.

Grrrrr!!!

Damn Audison......

I know what I can do, I'll install the software on my work laptop. That'll be the easiest solution I guess.

Thanks for all the suggestions though, just shows how old I must be getting, all this new jargon :lol:

There is yet another method - Wine for mac - this doesn't require a windows install and provides a kind of windows rip-off layer. It's a bit crap (or used to be) though - but might work. Yes, if you have an existing Windows box, for a one off, use that :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'll take my mac with me then with a load of Wine (hmmm thought fluids and computers don't mix)

I'd like to have future control for tweaking, will see if the Mac can deliver and then if not use the work one.

Cheers for your help Chris and Co.

If you could grab a Win 7 disc off a mate, you could install it on VirtualBox/Parallels WITHOUT using their licence key, this would give you 30 days of access before it demanded you pay for it.

Edie - scratch that, you don't even need to borrow a disc to run a 90 day trial

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-8-1-enterprise

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1