OEM Exhaust Back Box Removal

Commander

Only one is bolted, the other two are welded and they're the ones I'm stuck on. Both tucked up under the bumper. I'd take a blow torch to them if I had spares! :-/

Note to self - don't swap exhaust on Thursday, when you're supposed to be driving to a stag do on Friday!

if you unbolted the one would you not be able to lower it down one side then can wiggle it a bit better? nightmare mate when that happens and you have to go somewhere if not plenty of lube and just keep wiggling the hell out of it, I remember using a screw driver to prise it bit by bit

The bolted one is at the front and the welded two are at the back. The bolted one is off which drops the front of the box towards the floor, but I'll be f****d if I can get either of the back two off... Wd40, breaker bar, screwdriver to try to prize the hanger over the lug, etc.. I just can't apply enough force and wiggle the screwdriver at the same time... And I'm not exactly weak, I think there's a knack and I'm missing it!

The only way I think you can do it is by pushing the whole box backwards, but there's bumpers and crash bars in the way so you can't...

Did you take your bumper off?!

Anybody live near Didcot?