fujitsubo zorst, Berks hfc's, cobra y pipe, wasso plenum spacer and uprated w rear under brace fitted!

addisj

Screenshot_2014_08_07_11_14_52.jpg

Video here:http://youtu.be/IDcPA10OLjw

I'm really pleased with the sound. No drone at all but comes alive when you boot it. The v6 tone really comes through. Burbles away :)

Just need a remap now.

Looks nice under your Zed ~ is that under brace one from eBay? been looking at them on & off for awhile. Fitment looks good then. :thumbs:

Easier to use link to the video:

Thanks!

Sorry for the poor post, I did it from my mob last night as my internet was down.

Yep the brace was 129 delivered. It took over 5 days to come and it was a little hard to fit apprently but it was worth it.

The OEM brace is so thin in comparisson. The amount of rust on mine was unreal. Happy with it.

• Like 1

:( It had better not be too hard to fit, I will be doing it on my driveway on axle stands on my back :lol: - can you tell me in particular what the issues were? Like do the holes not match up, or was it trouble removing the old brace?

yeh it was more that the holes didn't match up perfectly. I guess when you remove the old one and its not on a perfectly flat service the chasis could move slightly.

All that was needed was to put some force on one side to fit. Nothing major so dont panic and eat some spinach before hand :) worry more about the existing bolts being siezed. blow torch/heat gun ready.

I have already loosened all of the existing bolts and copper greased them. I only managed to shear one of the ones that hold the brace on and it looks to me like it is the one that is not used with the new brace. I did however manage to break 2 of the ones either side that hold the useless plastic underside deflectors on, but the back ones that are not a part of the W-brace are intact and I have cable-tied the fronts up. I will do the same with the new brace - it looks tidy enough and is just as functional. :)

I will take some pix, sadly they won't be done for a while as the supplier has just emailed me to tell me there's going to be a wait of maybe up to 2 weeks for them to restock :rant: I have requested a refund and will try some other suppliers though so maybe it won't be that long. :) I will make sure the fitting holes match up by laying the old and new over each other before I test -fit then I can do any necessary 'alteration' work in open space. :) Was just also contemplating getting some nice fixings from these guys: http://www.pro-bolt.com/home :teeth: I know they are quite costly and they won't be seen and will get covered in s**te but the originals are rusty and way past their best. :lol:

I will take some pix, sadly they won't be done for a while as the supplier has just emailed me to tell me there's going to be a wait of maybe up to 2 weeks for them to restock :rant: I have requested a refund and will try some other suppliers though so maybe it won't be that long. :) I will make sure the fitting holes match up by laying the old and new over each other before I test -fit then I can do any necessary 'alteration' work in open space. :) Was just also contemplating getting some nice fixings from these guys: http://www.pro-bolt....bolt.com/home�� :teeth: I know they are quite costly and they won't be seen and will get covered in s**te but the originals are rusty and way past their best. :lol:

From what I could see of that brace on eBay there was one seller selling it at £129 and two others at £160 odd so if you've paid £129 for it I'd just wait for that seller to restock as £160 odd seems a bit steep to me. :dry:

Regarding the bolts it's your money so up to you but I wouldn't bother.

If you've time once you remove the original bolts they will polish up nicely if you get a Dremel with a wire brush on them followed by some elbow grease/various grades of wet & dry plus some metal polish. Then just lacquer over the heads to try & keep them looking that way is what I'd do. :)

Yea - it was a bitter-sweet thing, I had paid for the £162 brace, I hadn't seen the others at the cheaper price. I have messaged both the other (cheaper) sellers asking if they have one ready for immediate dispatch so hopefully one will get back to me in a positive way soon. :) My bolts are probably beyond polishing up, I think I was lucky to get them off intact and without using an extractor, so some nice titanium ones that don't rust and look nice (on those rare under car occasions :p would be a treat. :teeth: - I could spend what I saved in the price difference on them. :lol:

My bolts are probably beyond polishing up, I think I was lucky to get them off intact and without using an extractor, so some nice titanium ones that don't rust and look nice (on those rare under car occasions :p would be a treat. :teeth: - I could spend what I saved in the price difference on them. :lol:

Yeah, getting a refund from the more expensive brace seller and buying the cheaper one using the price difference to get the bolts seems like a good plan. :D;)