Engine differences

scooby8272

Hi all

I'm looking to buy a 350Z with the idea of tuning it a little

Exhaust - inlet - mapping - etc etc nothing overly heavy.

What are the benefits going for a later HR engine ?? What results will I see from an early 05 DE engine ?

I'm not sure if I go for an older model and sink some money into it or get a newer one ( where I cant sink as much in )

Cheers

Short of supercharging you'll be hard pushed to reach the hp of an HR with an 05. You'll get more torque, though.

Certainly go for the HR if you can as it's a stronger engine and has all the exterior and interior updates :)

Interesting thread, in a nutshell what's the difference between say a standard 350z 2003-2006, then came the DE with interior and exterior upgrades apart from the bhp how different was the engine between those two before the HR came in with it's show off bonnet bulge and extra bhp.

Were there many interior/ exterior differences between the last two, part from the bonnet bulge?

Apart from the bonnet, the DE rev up and HR are indentical on the outside and interior :)

Engine differences from 05 DE to 06 DE are the intake system, plenum and valving to start with. Not sure what else, but I'm sure there's more.

• Like 1