New car paint problems - advice please....

sipar69

Hello folks,

On Friday we picked up our brand new second car - a snazzy orange Toyoya Aygo. Only driven it once, but liking it a lot but...........just noticed that paint along bottom edges on both sides is in a really bad state (see second picture).

I'm guessing this problem was there when we viewed it in the showroom last week but has only become apparent since the car was out in the light and has got a little dirty. The car comes with a five year warranty so I'm not expecting them to argue about sorting it out, but my question is - do we ask them to replace the car or do we accept what I expect they will offer - a respray of the defective area? This is really my other half's car and she's pretty upset about having bought a brand new car only to have this happen. Any thoughts about what it's reasonable for us to expect will be be much appreciated.

NewAygo_zps7ed76bea.jpg

Looks like this all along both sides :scare:

Aygo2_zpsf341885b.jpg

They will all be like that. All cars are to some extent, because if they just applied thin paint everyone would moan about the stone chips (see any Elise for proof of how bad this can get!).

Trust me, it's a good thing.

They will all be like that. All cars are to some extent, because if they just applied thin paint everyone would moan about the stone chips (see any Elise for proof of how bad this can get!).

We'll pop down the dealers tomorrow and look at the other ones. I've never seen anything like it on another car. It looks pretty ropey but I guess if they're all the same we'll have to learn to live with it.

+1

As others have said ^^^^ :sorry:

To be honest it is at least a pre-planned (cheap) 'design' that dare I say will mean over the years it will look a whole lot better than the side skirts on the 370 where the 'design' sadly attracts stone chips - much more so than the 350s and not helped by the minimal paint covering that Nissan uses.

That aside, I think it is quite a funky looking little car.....but white would have been better :stir::lol:

Thanks for all the replies. Based on the fact that everyone seems to be of the same opinion, we're not going to pursue it with the dealer. It isn't really noticeable unless you get get close to it. To begin with I thought the paint was bubbling but if it's a deliberate thing I'm not fussed.

Cheers folks :)

Edit: checked out the GT86 parked up our street. That also has it.

Edited by sipar69