Removing plenum

Mike k-g

Right guys.. need some pointers on removing plenum.

I'm looking to hand paint my plenum in matt black..was thinking of doing it on the car but i.m pretty sure i'll

mess up..so i want to remove it.. i quiet confident in doing the job but not quiet sure about messing with trottle body dont want any idling problems after... soo is there anything i will need to be aware of?

Help appreciated

Mike K_g

It's not too hard and as long as you don't touch the TB butterfly, you shouldn't have any idling issues. The only real problem I has was with some of the vacuum hoses as they are pretty tight.

Oh, and don't trap the rubber piece near the oil filler cap when you put the plenum back on... you will have idling problems then! ;)

Edited by Paddy78

It's really easy, nothing to worry about. Touching the butterfly won't cause any harm :) Just undo all the nuts and remove the 3(?) hoses and you're good to go. Just be careful not to over torque the bolts back up when you're refitting, you could crack the plenum.