How to Fit Canards?

Scott TMN

Just wondering the best way to fit these to my V2 bumper? in terms of marking out the holes etc. My canards are FRP with a metal tapped hole, so lining up is quite crucial. Just wondering how others have done theirs? Cheers in advance! :)

Edited by Scott_f91

Cover area for canards with masking tape, measure three times where you want to position them, put bolts in the canard holes and put a dab of grease/butter/toothpaste on the end to mark masking tape, drill holes, mount canard, grab drink of choice, job done

• Like 2

No idea but I'm sure it's difficult judging by the name of the bits ;)

:lol::thumbs: Although I think they're the ever-so-slightly different 'Kinnards'....

Edited by 14N

Cover area for canards with masking tape, measure three times where you want to position them, put bolts in the canard holes and put a dab of grease/butter/toothpaste on the end to mark masking tape, drill holes, mount canard, grab drink of choice, job done

Nice one, assuming as kyle mentioned and there are no marked out holes I think this is how its going to happen. measure like 5 times drill once right aha

cheers :)

If you take the bumper off you may find that there are actually marks in the FG where the holes need drilled :)

Good shout mate! didnt give that a thought, I believe the EPracing V2 reps come with wooden canards, so would make sense, although mines a shine one, not sure they come with canards so may not? Either way I shall check as that would be very handy! :)

Edited by Scott_f91

Hmmm I don't think it does, I think they sell the canard separately from memory, but that doesn't mean there won't be markings to help you :)

You're going to have to remove the bumper to drill and fit them anyway, so you'll soon see :thumbs:

• Like 1

I like it, photocopying could be hard as they are very curved, but could maybe more easily make a template lay it over and poke through to the holes.... few options to play with! need to pain them yet... gtting nervous aha

cheers for the responses though guys :)