Optimal Engine Oil Temp - someone please set my mind at ease

ZZZ_2306

So I know today has been a warm one but what should the oil temp be getting up to on a good run?

Mine was showing about 96 degrees today is that right? Am I getting confused with coolant because I know coolant normally sits at 90

I forget but I think at about 135 the car will go into limp mode as the oil is too hot.

I hit about 132 on track last month and gave it a few cool down laps without too much of an issue.

But yeah, generally, as above, those ranges seem to be what mine sits at when being used normally in warm weather.

140 degrees is restricted to 6k and 145 degrees is restricted to 3.5k.

12 hot laps of castle will do that on a relatively mild day! Make sure you change the oil afterwards if it gets that hot eeek

Edited by 370Ad

12 hot laps of castle will do that on a relatively mild day! Make sure you change the oil afterwards if it gets that hot eeek

Cripes, realy?! Is the 370 that bad at cooling the oil then? That seems atrocious.

Cripes, realy?! Is the 370 that bad at cooling the oil then? That seems atrocious.

I am not sure if just the new intelligence (RPM limiter) and the 50 gets that hot too or ithe 70 wasnt designed with cooling in mind.

I lasted 15 minutes at Combe before the limiter came into effect. So if your not at an open pit session, then your going to have problems staying out for the full 20 minutes at a track day.

Its a massive issue in the US, were its a lot hotter. Some people have even reached 140 degrees in Arizona by driving on the freeway during a hot spell.

I am bringing an oil cooler back from the states with me so I can track it.

Edited by 370Ad