Rear Tyres 20"

bytespc

Hey up peeps, my 20" Finichi rears are down to the wear indicators and thus I need two replacements, currently the car has 275/30/20 Falkens on but having read and seen a lot of pretty awful stories about them I would like a reasonably priced alternative , also I notice on the size calculator that my rims should surely have 285/30/20 on , so what's the deal, do the wider 285's rub is that why the previous owner had 275's put on or is it simply a cost option ?

Doug

Finichi Firenze 20"

The 275/30/20 fitted have a slight stretched look, checking the size calculator it says I should have 285/30/20 on my question is does anyone run the larger size and do thdy rub ?

Finichi Firenze 20"

The 275/30/20 fitted have a slight stretched look, checking the size calculator it says I should have 285/30/20 on my question is does anyone run the larger size and do thdy rub ?

As per my reply, need to know information on the wheel size - Someone could be running say a 10J wheel with 285 tyre and not get any rub, where as someone with a 10.5J wheel with 285 tyres could be receiving rub.

I'm guessing the 275's are on there for a reason.

Interesting you felt the need for spacers are you running 9.5's or 10's then ?, I've read that with 10's or 10.5's you don't need spacers on the rears to clear the Brembo's.

All depends on a lot of things buddy. You have wheel diameter which is the '20" ' which is the 275/30/20

Then you have the Width width of the wheel which is the 8/9/10J etc

Then you have the offsets which determine where the wheel meets the hub. Can never remember of the top of my head, but I think a negative off set (I.e. -15) will bring the wheel closer the arches where as a wheel with a positive offset (i.e. +15) will leave a larger gap from the arches to the wheels. (Wont fill the arches as much) This could be vice versa.

Point being to help you, we can once we have the Offsets and Widths we can tell you what you will need.

Otherwise the question you just asked would be like asking what are the lottery numbers next week? ;) Everyone's setups will be different depending on the numbers.

Hope that helps.

For those whose asked and for my peace of mind the following is the information we all needed :

20" obviously

10.5J Unexpected

ET30

No spacers are fitted

Tyres have been replaced by a like size but for my now peaked interest could I have fitted 285/30/20

Thanks to all who have participated in this thread :D

Why do you think you'd need wider tyres? A wider tyre is a more expensive tyre, plus it'll weigh more so you'll go even slower than you do already.

If you're not having any issues with the sizes you have now, then I'd suggest they're probably fine. What size are you running up front?

Not a question of need its a question of want......lol, the old tyres had a pronounced step / stretched look and tbh looked odd the new tyres look much better but the 285's would fill the wheel better hence the original question :)