I stunned other drivers today

Ekona

Yup, pretty much left an entire carriageway gawping at my driving. They were speechless at the manoeuvre I pulled off, in full view of everyone.

What did I do? Well, it was like this:

I DARED TO OVERTAKE A COPPER!!!

I know, shocking. He was doing 54 in a 60, so I overtook the car behind him then accelerated up to an incredible 63 and cruised past. Copper moved over to give me the room, TED was minimal, everyone was happy. Well, apart from the queue of drivers behind who wouldn't dare to overtake a batternburg estate.

Why are people so terrified of performing perfectly safe and legal manoeuvres? Bugs the hell out of me.

• Like 9

:lol:

Nah, he was good as gold, like I say gave me space and everything. What irritated me was that no other driver was prepared to overtake him, despite them overtaking other vehicles and then stopping once they saw the blue lights on top.

• Like 1

This is so true, you come across a bunched up section of cars on the motorway sitting at 60 then when you finally get past you realise it's because there is a police car in front. Wtf is wrong with people!!

It's always bemused me too, even more so when on the motorway.

That said a couple of years back we were on the M5 when a 3 series went flying past us and I noticed he was unmarked police.

A few miles later approaching the M6 in medium traffic all doing 70 when all the other drivers backed off as they saw a traffic patrol ahead. As I went past continuing at 70 I noticed the earlier 3 series further ahead in the inside lane doing 60ish.

The car behind me who was the only other car who passed the marked car floored it when he thought he was safe...... Jeez that 3 series didn't half pick up speed with his lights going :lol:

This is so true, you come across a bunched up section of cars on the motorway sitting at 60 then when you finally get past you realise it's because there is a police car in front. Wtf is wrong with people!!

Seen it loads too.

Maybe they're all carrying drugs or something? :shrug::D

• Like 1

I used to be totally relaxed around the constabulary whilst driving, given that my father was Head of East Surrey's traffic department......until......one day.......

The traffic officer who taught me how to drive caught me in radar trap. He rang my father saying "something rather embarrassing has happened sir".

My Dad's retort was that I was a stupid **se and "throw the book at him". In consequence I received a fine and endorsement. All this was achieved in as series 3 Hillman Minx, column change, bench seat, acquired for £40 :lol:

So, I am simply aghast at your doing 63 in a 60 in the presence of one of HRH's finest :scare:

Ah, the speedo said 63 but I reckon that was 61 absolute tops in the real world. Safe as houses! :D

It's why I cruise at 75 on the motorways. Quick enough yo overtake all those sitting bang on 70, but never going to get stopped. ;)

Have to say though, that's the first time I've ever been in a position to properly overtake a police car (as opposed to changing lane on a DC or MW) and I always wondered if I'd have the balls to do it! :lol:

• Like 1

Have to say though, that's the first time I've ever been in a position to properly overtake a police car (as opposed to changing lane on a DC or MW) and I always wondered if I'd have the balls to do it! :lol:

Never stops me, I usually sit on 80 on the speedo which is maybe 75? Never going to get stopped doing a steady speed like that :)

Burnt a copper off at the lights once...up to 40mph

Never realised it was a 30 limit :oops: ......he immediately pulled in front and booked me for speeding!

Had a query about presenting insurance so... as I was working at the local law courts tracked him down coming out of court for a quick word

He reacted to me as though I'd just pi88ed on his shoes! :rant:

• Like 1

Never stops me, I usually sit on 80 on the speedo which is maybe 75? Never going to get stopped doing a steady speed like that :)

But have you properly overtaken one, not just changed lanes?

Used to regularly go past them at 80+ on the M11 in the morning, everyone else did so why not :)

However, was caught in a quandary while driving on Autobahn the other day, they were doing about 100mph, I wanted to go faster but I couldnt bring myself to go past them :lol: