Time To Shelve The Car

Husky

Well, in some form of adult like decision (I say "adult like" as in reality I am an imposter posing as an adult). I have decided to put the GT4 on hold, and by "on hold" I mean under a car cover at the parents house.

Essentially I have a long term plan to finish up everything down here (west midlands) and head back home (scotland). I have a house to renovate that costs money and needs a more practical car. Thus I shall be buying a brand new fiesta eco thing with work discount, it works out about £100 a month for the car and after 9 months i can trade it in getting about 1k back. Warranty, cheap insurance, no surprise repairs, 3x the mpg, can lug cement bags around, less power, struggling to join a motorway, never overtaking anything, crying softly into my pillow at night at the lack of whooshy sounds.

I just thought I would share the depressing news with people who would understand :'(

Edited by Husky

Should have said Celica GT4, I've as yet not looked into the organ black market but I'd still take the same route I think. I can afford to keep the car, but withuot it around I speed up the whole house renovate process and thus get home sooner. Once home I can pull the cover off and play all I want :)

• Like 1

ah, I've done this. I put my GT4 under wraps about 6 months ago. been slowly refurbing wheels, arches and callipers. Yeah, you'll miss the wooshy sounds, turbo whine, the roar of a 3S-GTE underload, the awesome cornering, the limp like grip, the thrill of........

Edited by Rock_Steady

ah, I've done this. I put my GT4 under wraps about 6 months ago. been slowly refurbing wheels, arches and callipers. Yeah, you'll miss the wooshy sounds, turbo whine, the roar of a 3S-GTE underload, the awesome cornering, the limp like grip, the thrill of........

Smiley-Crying.gif

Never heard of anyone wanting to go back to Scotland before :lol:

And I am officially allowed to say this as I was born up there ;)

Haha, you try living in coventry! It'd make you want to move back to hell.

• Like 5

You announce you're moving back to Scotland, the day after BBK announces he's trying to move to Scotland with his Mrs.... Are you Mrs BBK? :D

for "The greater good" you've made the right choice. Hope it works out well :)

• Like 3

You announce you're moving back to Scotland, the day after BBK announces he's trying to move to Scotland with his Mrs.... Are you Mrs BBK? :D

How did I not see that announcement about BBK?

Tbh Huskotronicus, I'd be happy not to see that ugly @rse celica anyway. Sorry dont like the look of them, as long as you do though!

Good luck with BBK, I think he's high maintenance.

How did I not see that announcement about BBK?

Tbh Huskotronicus, I'd be happy not to see that ugly @rse celica anyway. Sorry dont like the look of them, as long as you do though!

Good luck with BBK, I think he's high maintenance.

Transformer_Smiley_by_dazedgumball.gif

Hey! :boxing:

5x0W4Gk.jpg

best not click that then :p

• Like 1

Ah I feel your pain mate - still the stuff you are doing in the meantime will keep your mind off it and then BANG before you know it that cover will be coming off and you can go barnstorming around snowy Scotland in your 4WD whooshing machine.

Although if they vote yes, we might have to charge you £100000000 to cross the border.

• Like 1

I'm not even allowed to fricken vote for my own country, it's ridiculous, although best not let this degenerate into a discussion about politics...

Would be nice to get up there and have a house bought before god knows what happens with the border :lol:

Since I bought the GT4 I have managed to miss every single snowfall for the last two years aside from 1 single day. humph

My neighbour moved down to here from Glasgow six months ago after spending 30 odd years living there - in fact he is MD of a major Scottish energy company (one which the Yes Vote campaign would like its fiscal ideals to lean on to make Scotland financially sound) yet he isn't allowed to vote! Thats the mentality of what is going on up there...huhhh.

I was sooooo close to buying a GT4, was actually from a guy in Scotland, this one - seemed in good nick too.

ScreenShot2014-01-31at150657_zpsf506ee1a.png

• Like 1

There's a few tidy examples hanging around, it's getting harder and harder to find one though! I wanted a specific colour (not black, white or silver) so it made it even harder. In the end I settled for one with some potential issues but I was fairly happy to deal with them.