driving me a bit mad

leebottrill

Ok i have had my Zed for 4 months now, and love it! There is something that is really getting on my tits though. There is an annoying noise coming from my drivers door. Its an accumulation of noises actually. One minute there will be a ticking/popping noise from the glass, the next minute there will be a ticking/rattling from somewhere in the door. I know all cars have rattles, but do any of you have the same problems with the door! i have a roadster, so when the roof is down i don't hear anything, but still pisses me off none the less! How hard is removing the door panel? Ive got a 57 plate.

HELP ME!!!

Removing the card is easy, there is one screw inside the door handle and the rest is just held on with clips and poppers.

I get a rattle inside the passenger side door sometimes. Punching it usually fixes it for a short while.

• Like 1

Similar problem. Got a ticking noise from the offside tailgate area, had it since new. Pulled off panels all around, taped things down jammed bits in to make wobble bits rigid all to no avail. The little bas---d still ticks away. I think it's gods way of getting back at me for not believing.

Best you can do is turn the radio up, but then you can't hear if the indicator has cancelled unless you consciously look at the binicle light. If you forget to do that though you tend to find people pull out in front of you at junctions. Make life very exciting and very interesting though ha ha.

Thanks for the above. This is a pre 06 interior. Is the process different for the new door cards?

The only difference is the drivers door grab. There is a screw in it up to 2005, then in the later interiors it was redesigned and no screw was used.

OK I tried taking the card off at the weekend but got to scared! But what I discovered is that its the glass. Drivers side is making all kinds of creeking and clicking. Even when I move the glass. Passenger door isn't. Any ideas? Could it just need tightening?

• 2 weeks later...

Just cant believe my luck. I decided to take the car into the nissan dealers. hoping they would find what the problem is. They basically said that they can hear a rattling, and think its coming from the motor that works the windows. to replace that will be around 300quid. I thought ok fair enough. They did strip the whole card and door down and didnt charge me. Went out to the car, and they havent put the glass back in right. they have left it short at the end by 1/2 an inch. aghhh so frustrating!! have to take it back in in the morning again!! feels like im the only persons with this annoying problem!

Edited by leebottrill

Sounds like they just replaced the window motor and didn't perform the reset procedure afterwards.

They're also talking rubbish about the motor making the rattles. Of your window was working they've just robbed you of £300, sorry.

Edited by KyleR

Totally agree with Kyle, it appears that you've been well and truly ripped for 300quid. Even if the motor was loose the glass was initially still going up and down OK. That's why a lot of people call Nissan Dealerships, Stealerships. Chances are its just something that's loose behind the door card. I'd go back to the stealership and get the old motor back. You never know when It might come in handy.

Edited by samsniss350z

I haven't paid them anything yet. They said that replacing the motor is an option as there is play in it. They actually said it was the regulator. Is that different? Anyway. Its going back in today And I'm going to make it clear that I'm not happy my window is now 10 times worse than before. Hopefully theyll sort it out!

Well its gone back this morning and I said I wasn't happy with the result. The mechanic seems really nice and said hell reset the glass and have another look. He also said it could be a day job if I wanted. Showed me roughly how to remove the door card etc. I prey its better when I get it later. This like this really put me off driving it haha

Haha OK. Took the car in. They took the door apart and told me the rattle is play in the regulator. They put the door back. And did nothing more. Told me to do the job will be 285 all in including padding out all the nuts and bolts with rubber bungs to make it rattle proof.the regulator and motor are the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE...

Just got the car back from the dealers. they replaced the regulator, replaced all washers with fiber ones and packed out the door (whatever that means) and the door seems much much better. All in £285. I can still hear something, but it could be the door or the roof. either way its very faint. For me money well spent!.......on to the next

Edited by leebottrill