350z exhaust swap

aevans692

Hi , all .. not sure if this is posted in the right place ..

Was just wondering how difficult is it to swap out the exhaust on the 350z , the front couple of sections ( cat , y peace ) are looking very old with signs of corrosion, and the bottom heat shield has corroded through , I haven't had a chance to get the car up on stands and asses the difficulty , but it looks like the bolt from the cat to the manifold are well hidden ... The car has just recently passed a mot , it was done when I bought it last week , so the exhaust isn't blowing .. ( yet)

any thoughts on how to tackle this, I don't have access to any lifts , can this be done off of jacks and stands ?

one last thing , as my car is JDM import is it tested to the same standard on emissions and the uk version , ? can I swap out the cats for de-cats ? or is HFC a much more of a sensible option ..

Thanks guys . .

The cars are a pain in the back side I sent my car to have de cars fitted . As it looked a hard job . And even the professional exhausted Builder was pi**ed as he under quoted his labor as they were really awkward to get off. It only cost £80 and saves you a load of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decats wont pass mot so would have to swap them every year, to be honest its just initially unseizing them, once you have them undone once they will come on and off afterwards easier.

I would take it to a garage and bung them a tenner or so and get them to crack all the nuts for you (they will probably use blow torch aswell and as from past experience its better to do that on a ramp :scare: )

Then pop home and change the rest yourself :thumbs: