See you all in a while...... holiday time

Jacko

I'm to sunnier climates (can't be worse) for a little while..... :yahoo:

Going doing a "roadtrip" around LA, San Diego, Vegas and San Fran for a few days, so probably won't be on here for a while. Leave tomorrow and not back till the back end of the month.

Gunna see how much trouble we can get in a nice convertible mustang (and how quickly we can burn some gas!). Will try to take plenty of pics!

Now all be good and enjoy yourself ;)

Hope you get some decent weather for a change!

Will see you all when I get back :thumbs:

Have a good trip it sounds really cool!

some general advise though

-> When near Vegas, go to see the grand canyon, but try not to do a Thelma and Louise Car park manouvre...

-> Pop round to area 51 and check the hype ...according to Google earth...

From Vegas take the 93 highway NORTH for 80-90 miles then take the 375 road up a mountain heading WEST , over the mountain and down for 20 miles and if you can get to the base of the mountain take the firts left road ( looks a bit unpaved....) and follow it straight to the top of the mountain and if you can get this far and have big powerfull enough binoculars you may be able to spot the Famous area 51...check for little green men...or Mulder and Scully :p , then again it could land you a trip to a nice hotel sponsored by the US govermnent , so perhaps don't take too much notice of this...

Enjoy the drive!

:yahoo:

I did a 360 degree road trip of the US in 05 but I’m still sooooooo jealous.

If you’re still online Jacko some places to see incl: Tar pits in LA, Salt flats, Grand Canyon, Hover Dam, Meteor crater, Alcatraz. I think there’s also a Russian sub in San Fran that you can go into.

Have a good un Jacko. We did the CA thing last year and hired a white convertible Mustang. Surprisingly not that expensive. We ended up at Hertz at LAX as all the others didn't have any available. They also had Shelby's for hire. B)

PS: I'm in Cornwall at the mo, (near Newquay). Just about to go surfing for the afternoon.

VEGAS! ! ! was there last year.

You have got to go to the Ghostbar (Ultralounge) in the Palms, amazing. Open air club/pub on the roof, there is also a glass dance floor on an overhang so you can see the ground below :scare:

Voodoo Lounge at Rio also good, nice restraunt up there.

Grand Canyon in helicopter is a must too :thumbs:

Too much to see and do.

I found out about a pub that has 500 beers when I returned :rant: It is called the Freakin' Frog and is accross from the Nebraska Uni.

SAN FRAN - Was there a few years back, still may favourite US city. Watch out for the guy that jumps out of the bushes in Fishermans wharf, he is hilarious.......and totally insane

Have a good one mate :thumbs: ......wish it was me...... Portugal at the end of September though :thumbs:

Thanks guys for all the tips.....and places to see!

I'll print this off later.

We have the car all guaranteed and booked through Hertz at LAX actually Kev. Took me ages of online searching, but I sneakily got a really good deal on a guaranteed mustang!

Anyway, thanks and see you all soon. I may manage to sneak on later, but if not...... enjoy the rain! :boxing:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys & gals,

See you all been busy! :blush:

Anyway, back to the grind now after my break. Top hols! Got some crackin memories and photos.....

Anyway 8 days with the Shelby Mustang (hardtop & convertible) was fun. Ragged to hell B)

Good to be back though, how's things? :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...