esp

leebottrill

Less experienced driver answer: Its a good thing, particularly in the wet and when its a bit frosty out, it will keep you on the road.

Very experienced driver answer: Its clunky, outdated and intrusive on the 350Z and only a little bit better on the 370Z, I personally think its actually dangerous on the track as its so hamfisted.

As Ad says, unless youre seeing it light up a lot I wouldnt worry about it, if youre finding its hampering you driving then you might want to consider turning it off.

my view is that you'd never need to turn the ESP off on the road, as you should never be pushing hard enough to notice an improvement by turning it off. if the esp light is flashing during road driving, you're pushing too hard for public roads, or your tyres need changing.

On a track its a different story, but on the road keep the ESP on - why would you want to be kicking the back out on public roads?

my view is that you'd never need to turn the ESP off on the road, as you should never be pushing hard enough to notice an improvement by turning it off. if the esp light is flashing during road driving, you're pushing too hard for public roads, or your tyres need changing.

I test drove a spanking Nismo 370 the other day and the bloody light didnt go out for more than about 3 seconds, the salesman didnt seem to have an issue with me "pushing too hard". Bear in mind it doesnt step in after you are sideways, it steps in when it thinks you are going to go sideways and its not intelligent enough to do that consistently IMO.

Have to be honest, unless your track driving on the limit leave it on. People underestimate this safety device on their car, don't moan about it it is there for a reason and one day it may just save you and your car!

If your not sure what it is for google it, go on a driving course somewhere and learn what it can do for you, a staggering 75% or more of drivers don't know how to use ABS properly i would supect it is far higher with ESP!! sorry if you think i am ranting but this is a pet subject of mine.