Tip of the day

Husky

Don't, at the age of 12 or so, tie your army cadets jumper around the handle bars of your bike as you ride home down a hill as fast as possible. If it slips off and into the front wheel you might wake up 10 metres down the road with a nasty concussion. :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 2

Don't, at the age of 12 or so, tie your army cadets jumper around the handle bars of your bike as you ride home down a hill as fast as possible. If it slips off and into the front wheel you might wake up 10 metres down the road with a nasty concussion. :)

Oh no, that reminds me if the time I hitched a handle bar ride home. Coming down a steep hill, very fast, the rider braked, the bike braked, momentum took over and I crashed out stupendously :(

• Like 3

Oh I can add some bike ones.

When doing an aerial on a half pipe, make sure that your three piece crank is fully tightened, other wise, as you rotate mid air, it falls out, leaving you about 12 feet in the air with nothing to put your feet on ensuring that when you land, it really will hurt, which it did :)

Also, despite being in a BMX freestyle team, don't think you can do the stunts in the evening when totally pi**ed out of your head on special brew as you can when sober as I can promise you that you can't and it results in going over the handle bars and feeling some pain and seeing your own blood :)

• Like 1

When doing an aerial on a half pipe, make sure that your three piece crank is fully tightened, other wise, as you rotate mid air, it falls out, leaving you about 12 feet in the air with nothing to put your feet on ensuring that when you land, it really will hurt, which it did :)

Also, despite being in a BMX freestyle team, don't think you can do the stunts in the evening when totally pi**ed out of your head on special brew as you can when sober as I can promise you that you can't and it results in going over the handle bars and feeling some pain and seeing your own blood :)

Special Brew :scare:

If for example you're staying in a hotel in the states, don't see what things you can put down the waste disposal unit before it will pack up ( just between you and me, it's chopsticks )

I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel room with it's own waste disposal unit B) Even a room upgrade at Caesar's palace didn't come with one of those....feel so cheated :dry:

Plastic or wooden chopsticks?....just out of interest ;)

• Like 1

I was young, it was all the range, got you pi**ed the quickest and the easiest to buy when I was 13 :)

• Like 1

I was young, it was all the range, got you pi**ed the quickest and the easiest to buy when I was 13 :)

Not SA Cidre then ;)

never jump off a roof when your 12 thinking a bin bag will serve as a parachute.

I did that but had the sense to land on grass. My neighbour saw me and decided to copy me but he did it landing on concrete and broke his leg. His mum then came round and blamed me. My dad said to her that her son should be more intelligent next time and do it properly :lol:

• Like 1

Not SA Cidre then ;)

Bloody country bumpkin with your Cider and inbreeding :lol: Shouldn't you be working or at least pretend to be working :)

having the kids break up a terra cotta pot with a hammer, eye goggles, gloves - tick

i then go to clean up up afterwards, no gloves, no eye protection - 'cos I'm an adult and I know how to do it right :thumbs:

running top of finger under water trying to stop the blood - I'm being brave too

• Like 2

Cutting your hand on the sharp metal lid of a can of a Fosters whilst pi**ed and then accidentally spraying lighter fuel over the cut whilst trying to roll a big fat one......hurts more than you think it should :(

I'm being a big girly wuss though....

Edited for accuracy :lol:

• Like 1

Dont try to dremmel off the top of a super glue lid without safety specs, as you may scratch your eyeball with a piece of flying plastic.

When drilling using a cordless drill, dont 'push harder' when the battery is going, as you may end up snapping the 4mm drill bit and drilling into your hand, resulting in lots of blood and a permanent scar.

Most importantly (a serious one), when injured, let said injury heal before deciding to exercise again. Exercising through the pain will only lead to severe, permanent damage.

When feeding horses make sure you keep palm and fingers flat so horse can eat from palm of hand. If not then expect the horse to think your finger is a carrot and then have a tug of war with a horse and your finger being the rope. Horse wins :lol:

• Like 1

Have a good one for you all....

Don't think to yourself (when driving home on your own down a deserted, dark and spooky country road) 'how scary would it be if I was to look in the rear view mirror now and see a crazy mad looking stranger's face looking back at me'. It freaks you out, big time......

• Like 1