Going to look at another car

Rock_Steady

So, I have come across a Nissan pulsar not far from me. Owner claims it's done around 45k. He has done a BIMTA check which proves it's authenticity and mileage. I've never heard of BIMTA so maybe I should get out more but, is this a credible source in regards to claiming reliable mileage?

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

well, I have bitten the bullet, I went to see a pulsar yesterday. It had little history and the mileage is 45k. Obviously, I had to give the car a thorough going over and I have to say it was immaculate. No rust/corrosion/rot, no wear on the pedals, bolsters, steering wheel, carpets. All plastics like new and the interior was really good. Underneath it was incredible, like it had just rolled off the production line. The paintwork was also very good, no scratches dents or strange markings. The engine was also remarkably clean and places where you might expect to see heavy rust didn't have any. The under side of the bonnet was gleaming, paint work was good. Overall a really solid car. I drove it and the clutch was smooth as were the gear changes. No strange knocks from the engine. I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes going over it and checked the Vin number and MOTS. Everything matched up along with the V5. I really couldn't fault it and everything pointed to it being an honest car. I bought it! with 2 sets of wheels with new tyres. I'm going to collect it tomorrow.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 2

Get some pictures up when you get a chance, always had a soft spot for the GTiR's and there is less and less around these days. Sounds like you got a nice one :thumbs:

I think I have. I'll definitely get some pics up ASAP! I was surprised by the standard performance too, a proper pocket rocket. :teeth:
  • Like 1

Keep it in good condition and the value will only go up, 90's rally homoligation specials are going to be sought after in years to come.

I have a Nissan parts catalogue for them somewhere on CD let me know if you want a copy :)

I seen one of the rally homoligation ones at knockhill at the bdc. First time I'd seen one and it looked awesome. Do they come with the roll cage as standard?

Keep it in good condition and the value will only go up, 90's rally homoligation specials are going to be sought after in years to come.

I have a Nissan parts catalogue for them somewhere on CD let me know if you want a copy :)

I seen one of the rally homoligation ones at knockhill at the bdc. First time I'd seen one and it looked awesome. Do they come with the roll cage as standard?

not to my limited knowledge
  • Like 1

I think i'll have to take you up on the offer! :D

• Like 1

well, I have bitten the bullet, I went to see a pulsar yesterday. It had little history and the mileage is 45k. Obviously, I had to give the car a thorough going over and I have to say it was immaculate. No rust/corrosion/rot, no wear on the pedals, bolsters, steering wheel, carpets. All plastics like new and the interior was really good. Underneath it was incredible, like it had just rolled off the production line. The paintwork was also very good, no scratches dents or strange markings. The engine was also remarkably clean and places where you might expect to see heavy rust didn't have any. The under side of the bonnet was gleaming, paint work was good. Overall a really solid car. I drove it and the clutch was smooth as were the gear changes. No strange knocks from the engine. I spent 1 hour and 40 minutes going over it and checked the Vin number and MOTS. Everything matched up along with the V5. I really couldn't fault it and everything pointed to it being an honest car. I bought it! with 2 sets of wheels with new tyres. I'm going to collect it tomorrow.

Can't deny I had wanted one of these ages ago but could never find one good enough and within my budget at the time. :byebye:

Definitely want to see lot's of pictures of this when you can. ;)

Well, it's Thursday. I'm going to pick up the Pulsar @ 5pm today. Quite excited. Will get the camera ready for a few pics and post them up. The only thing I didn't like about the car was the shockingly hard tein track suspension which can't be reasoned with, i.e. you can't make it softer or harder. it is as it is, which is tooth crashingly hard. If anyone has any recommendations for suspension possibilities for a Pulsar please let me know. It's going to be the only thing i'm going to change about the car. Other than that i'm keeping it standard.

So, it's Friday and I should be the happy proud owner of a Nissan Pulsar. But I am not. I went to pick the car, all was good. My father was with me, he's been a mechanic for 40 something years. I handed over the money. He gave me the keys. I had a big smile then, when walking back to the car I noticed something I hadn't seen before, this I because of how it had been parked when I had seen it before which didn't allow me to get back far enough to realise that, the off-side front wheel seemed to be closer to the rear of the arch compared to gap at the front. So I walked round the other side and had a look and lo, it was even. I said to my dad quietly " look at the off-side front wheel and the gaps in the arch" which he did, he looked at me, I looked at him and said " it's got a bent chassis leg hasn't it?" he nodded. So, I said to the owner " i'm sorry to have to break this to you but the chassis leg is bent, by about 10 mm by the looks of it. It must have had a big hit at some point. I got him to jack it up which he seemed reluctant to do and I got underneath with lamp and there it was, a bodged attempted to correct a bent chassis that still was not right. I was angry with myself for not noticing but I think this was because he had been parking it in such a way i.e. close to his hedge so I couldn't really get a good enough perspective to notice. I must admit it was something I hadn't thought about at the time but I just didn't think someone would be dishonest enough to sell such a car in such a state. I started to get angry but didn't show it. I asked for my money back but then he started asking me how much it would cost to fix and I could have that money off the car but I explained " look, I don't want the car now because if you weren't honest enough to tell me about this in the first place how can I trust you now?, besides I wanted to buy a car I could just drive away, not spend money on top of what I bought it for." I opened my hand and looked at him firmly and said " this time i'm not asking you, i'm telling you, I want my money back. the car is not how you described it." and on that note he reluctantly gave me my wodge of cash back. I dodged a bullet. So, the search goes on for another Pulsar. severely disappointed but relieved at the same time.

Edited by Rock_Steady

thanks. It did kind of put me off as it did start to turn a little nasty but hey ho. I'll keep on looking and waiting. I'll get one eventually. Hopefully before this cash burns a hole in my pocket.

Edited by Rock_Steady