Karting competitions. value for money

hensh65

Hey guys,

Thankfully the Zed community has people from all walks of life and thought I would see if anyone does or has done what I am looking to do. Before I start my zed is my daily commuter and is a show and go car to me, so have absolute no intention of using it on track.

I do a lot of local karting competitions indoor and outdoor at the various places across the central belt. They have varied skill ranges and involve using the normal run of the mill karts. I would love to just buy and run my own kart and start doing better competitions but sadly me and the misses are trying to buy our first house. I aslo thought about trying the ginetta want 2 race scheme as the qualifying was at my local indoor track. I didn't bother as although I would consider myself to be good at karting, I have had little track time in a car so very much doubt i would cut the mustard....

One option I have seen is doing the EKL, elite karting league. Which means you have to get a team of 3-6 drivers. £400 entry for the team for a day of karting in a pro kart. Thing is all the tracks are down south so would mean travelling every time.

Has anyone done any of the ginetta, clio cup schemes?

Anyone do any competitive karting? or know of any good leagues or compettions you can join?

Cheers,

Kris

I don't know much about it, but I'm doing the 24 hours of Teeside in August with a fee friends. It's not cheap, but there must be plenty of events out there for amateurs.

Thats one of the tracks they go to in the elite karting league. Looks pretty good tbh!