Led Bulbs

Jetpilot

I replaced my Zeds T20 stop & tail light bulbs with LED's and it caused some time of electrical fault as when I pressed the brake the front sidelights would come on. :wacko::lol:

Went back to standard bulbs and it stopped happening so it was definitely the LED's causing the issue.

If I was you for the indicators I'd get "Silvertec" bulbs which are silver coated so you don't get that horrible orange colour showing through the lenses when they're not on. That's what I've got in my indicators all round.

Some people on here have replaced the reverse light with a bright white LED so I don't think you'll need canbus for that. ;)

It was the indicators i was concerned with :)

This is the type I have ~ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-SILVERTEC-CAPLESS-INDICATOR-SILVER-T20-BU582S-X2-/170888789444?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c9c3fdc4

Not quite as bright as the standard bulbs but work well enough to be seen safely & pass the MOT as well. ;)

I tried LED's for the indicators and they blink mega fast. Apparently you can't replace the Zed's Resistors like you can with other cars. (usually around £10 each and you need two) After learning this I went with silver coated bulbs. The silver coated bulbs actually look better in the front light clusters IMO (after fitting both)

• Like 1

I tried LED's for the indicators and they blink mega fast. Apparently you can't replace the Zed's Resistors like you can with other cars. (usually around £10 each and you need two) After learning this I went with silver coated bulbs. The silver coated bulbs actually look better in the front light clusters IMO (after fitting both)

^ this

Very tricky to get LED indicators that work properly, a lot of hassle for something that isn't used much really :shrug:

• Like 1

I believe! that the canbus ones are so that you don't get the electrical faults showing up!

Ah ok, so it doesnt throw a bulb out dash light, understood, they keep mentioning canbus but not info on why you may or may not need it :)