summer trouble

porter

Can anyone help me with this problem on my 350z 03 JDM Fairlady?

In hot weather when car left standing and I return to start it it seems to shut down. i.e. turn the key and the TCS/Slip warning lights instead of flashing on and, off stay on and in a moment the cooling fan runs (but temp gauge does not show hot) and although the car turns over it will not start. Has baffled local Auto electrician and today the RAC.

If I return to the car when the day has gone cooler it will start.

I'd be grateful to know if this has happened to anyone and how it was solved or any advice would be appreciated..

:welcome:

I would say ECU but it works when cool - so I am going with -

It's a JDM so it had an aftermarket alarm added when imported to the UK - there is some bits of wiring and additional circuitry behind the clocks to sort MPH from KPH - I recon this is causing the problem when hot - had a problem with one before that would turn the hazard warning lights on when hot and the fans came on for no reason.

We took it apart - remade the connections and moved some bits around so the didn't get squeezed by the dial surround - end of problem.

Edited by Keyser

Sorry guys, got myself so worked up over this problem forgot my manners.

Have now put my intro in.

Thanks for giving the problem some thought. There was a Clifford system on but it was giving me so much trouble and the Clifford people were so unhelpful I had it taken out. But that was 2 years ago and the problem has only started in the lat couple of weeks when there have been no changes in the car

Again massive apologies for my bad manners.