Punctures

Dicky

I admit I'm a bit behind the times having only just discovered they don't fit inner tubes any longer.

However I've got a puncture on one of the rear wheels and was wondering if they still can fit the rubber bungs to repair the hole?

Just forearming myself cos some of these tyre places prefer to sell a new tyre rather than repair the old one.

If they insisted on fitting a new one then I would probably have to spring for two new ones on the back, bugger!

Any advice ?

Thanks guys, that side wall issue raised by AndyG8nby is the one I recall hearing in the past to get you to fit a new tyre. It's a bugger that you can't trust anybody these days (or is it just me getting old nd nattery)

• Like 1

Had a look at Dynaplug on their website and youtube also read some reviews on Amazon. It looks like a solution but Im always a bit sceptical about these quick fix or easy to use things you see on tele shopping or at exhibitions.

It may well work but I think I would only use it as a get me home solution. I would always be worried about driving a performance car with this type of tyre repair.

Thanks for the input thoughTinyflier

Puncture fixed and cost £10, no attempts to sell new tyres and no probs at all. Will stick with these guys as they seemed up front.

I had picked up a wood screw which looked remarkable like the ones I'd recently been using to hang up some items in my garage. It couldn't have been me who left it lying around and must have been the wife or the dog, he's a little tinker is that dog :(