Something different?

tomdotc

A change in job roles will require me to drive a fair bit to client sites. Recently took the zed out to a few clients who were 100+ miles away and averaged 31mpg, I'm happy with that but still would like to get a different car for work. Something thats quick when you want it to be but also has good mpg. I've come across a Volkswagen Scirocco R line which I like but just wanting other peoples opinions and what they drive to work (if its different to their zed).

I wouldn't recommend a 335i if your doing regular 100mile commutes. I have one and yes you can see 35-40mpg on M ways if you keep your speed down but there's too much temptation to use the power...and if you do it's not better than the 350Z on fuel, and on top your have the headache worrying about what's going to break next (and things will break...a lot).

I'm constantly listening/watching out for rattles, shakes, smoke...is it a turbo seal about to go or maybe finally the wastegates have gone, another fluid leak from somewhere, are the injectors about to go....it's not really a good car if you need it to cover big miles every day.

Our 2.2 diesel Civic on the other hand is more than fast enough for every day use, munches through the miles, starts every time/day (where as in the 335 I had to be towed to the garage once), oh and does 50mpg regardless how hard I drive it :)

Edited by gangzoom