Silly Season

Dan

And so starts the silly season.

I have been quite busy and am now desperate for stock, so I'm doing the Auctions with a vengeance trying to fill my site. Yesterday I couldn't even get on the Auction car park, it was absolutely rammed and every single car started over book. I would say most cars sold for at least £500 more than they were really worth, and some did much more. All the dealers must be busy and they are paying stupid money for their stock and hoping a bouyant market will support their margins.

Not a good time to buy a car guys, hold on till the Winter :thumbs:

It Glass's at £6800, Cap would hit it much harder, but with something like that I mainly go off what other people are asking for them and I would say £8495 is a fair price for that car, which gives me £1500 across it to allow for recon, VAT, Tax, salesmans commission etc etc...

It Glass's at £6800, Cap would hit it much harder, but with something like that I mainly go off what other people are asking for them and I would say £8495 is a fair price for that car, which gives me £1500 across it to allow for recon, VAT, Tax, salesmans commission etc etc...

My Dad did me a Glass' valuation about 10 days ago on it and it came in at £6914 which he printed off for me, and retail they seem to go for £8,500 - £9,000. Was just wondering if you were likely to stick the £500 on you mentioned at the top!! :p:D

I would probably start it at £8995 if it was split mint but I honestly think it would shift at £8495. It's not like they are particularly rare, so the price has to be sensible. I prefer to turn them over and keep the money working, rather than having cars sit there for weeks on end.

I really need to see the car to be honest, it could well be split mint and worth the extra £500 :thumbs:

I would probably start it at £8995 if it was split mint but I honestly think it would shift at £8495. It's not like they are particularly rare, so the price has to be sensible. I prefer to turn them over and keep the money working, rather than having cars sit there for weeks on end.

I really need to see the car to be honest, it could well be split mint and worth the extra £500 :thumbs:

It is in every respect..... except it needs a front end respray from stone chips. May well go the private route and see what happens. :thumbs: