Takeda Short Ram Intake VS Injen Cold Air Intake

Bobzy

As above..

I've been looking at both of these kits on Tarmac..Discuss! haha

http://www.tarmacspo...-Short-Ram.aspx

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_03-06_Injen_Cold_Air_Intake/350z-SP1986P_.aspx *edited* Cheers Keyser!

is anyone running either of these kits? :D

Photos of either fitted would be nice?

Am i right in thinking the Injen sits the filter outside the engine bay infront of the rad?

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by Bobzy

Not sure about the Injen, but I've had the Takeda installed since March... Absolutely love the extra sound it gives over the stock airbox. I have read that the Injen is also good and I would imaging that they both produce around the same power (I.e. few hp less than stock), but the Injen is probably less likely to suffer from heatsoak, if indeed it is installed near the radiator.

Here is my Takeda fitted:

Bay+2.jpg

Bay+1.jpg

Thanks for that Paddy! :) and the photos!

Where you mentioned power... I assume it wouldn't give any gains at all until it has an Up-Rev? Am I correct on that one? lol then I would notice the gain?

Am interested in Injen photos now! someone somewhere must have one fitted.. haha

of course, you'll notice gains thanks to the uprev but it won't be solely because of the intakes. More to do with the combination of plenum spacer, intake, headers, HFCs and a better exhaust system for flow. That'll get you farming.

Edited by Rock_Steady