Stamp duty advice

nixy

Could you both agree a price and then just take off the stamp duty so the price paid is the same? I realise this is a variation on a theme of tax evasion however it would reduce the cost by an amount that shouldn't ring alarm bells. That way you are paying the correct amount for the house and the stamp duty however you are not breaching your monetary limits.

My suggestion?

Can't remember the stamp duty rate. Call it 5 %.

Your house 300k so stamp duty is 15k. You agree to sell house for 287k then when the stamp duty is added the total is 300k.

You do the same for the other house 365k value, agree sale at 348k then with stamp duty it's 365k.

I wouldn't have thought it would flag up much at the land registry.

Guest prescience
My suggestion?

Can't remember the stamp duty rate. Call it 5 %.

Your house 300k so stamp duty is 15k. You agree to sell house for 287k then when the stamp duty is added the total is 300k.

You do the same for the other house 365k value, agree sale at 348k then with stamp duty it's 365k.

I wouldn't have thought it would flag up much at the land registry.

:wacko::wacko: not sure you got this quite right mate.

Guest prescience

I think if you look at what Person A pays (including stamp duty to land registry) and what person B pays (including ...), then reducing the price doesn't make any odds to the P&L account for each party

why not just swap houses, literally, change identity to the other owners name, and then take a mortgage out of 65k on your new house and pay the other people off for the rest of the profit :yahoo: No fee's no taxes, no problems, gosh im a geniARSE :teeth::yahoo:

Guest prescience
why not just swap houses, literally, change identity to the other owners name, and then take a mortgage out of 65k on your new house and pay the other people off for the rest of the profit :yahoo: No fee's no taxes, no problems, gosh im a geniARSE :teeth::yahoo:

Good idea :yahoo: I would like to be the first person to welcome Dorothy Butterworth to the forum and get some pics of that Astra up pronto :p