Fiberglass - Tips needed

Wasso

Okay I'm prepping myself to undertake some fiberglass work/filling of my central dash and lower gear surround to accommodate a custom mod.

I've seen a number of videos on Tube of You which 9 times out of ten they flash past the products used or don't really provide a starting point for kits or materials needed.

So.......

As this is dashboard work I'll be doing a bit of reconstruction, which will entail moving the AC controls down a bit. I'll also be widening the stereo location.

What's your tips for materials, suggestions for doing this sort of thing, and where to get this stuff.

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

good questions I have been watching loads on you tube lately too but for speaker pods in behind the seats to the rear strut! does look complicated I must say, there is sites that supply fibre the stuff but its normally like boat building material sites that have the gear?

• Like 1

good questions I have been watching loads on you tube lately too but for speaker pods in behind the seats to the rear strut! does look complicated I must say, there is sites that supply fibre the stuff but its normally like boat building material sites that have the gear?

I have noticed all this boat stuff, roofs and the like.

I watch "Soundman" a lot just for general viewing pleasure and learning new tricks.

The speaker pod thing I've seen a couple of tricks that look really effective, again without a good list of the items used.

Il drop you a PM later when i get home about 10ish. Got alot of wet laminate experience, so hopefully should be able to help.

To be honest, your better off going to a local fibreglass workshop and bunging them £30 for some materials, as you will get alot more and probably better quality than the stuff you buy online.

Ahhh cool Daryl, that would be great, waiting in anticipation :thumbs:

Don't put too much hardener into the resin, did that once and when applying it with a brush, within 5 mins I had a big ball of gloop stuck to the brush :lol:

:lol:

Yes I did read about that. But check this stuff out, shame it would cost to bring over.

And we don't get THAT much sun.....

Have a trawl through this site Ian.

http://www.ecfibregl...uk/default.aspx

You can actually learn a lot just by reading it.

I've had a couple of bits for the jet skis from them.

Cheers Chris I'll have a look through that :thumbs: