Tesla Model S

Wasso

Just seen one of these on the road, not something I'd jump out and buy as it doesn't fit my needs. But if I had a family and wanted something different, this really does look quite smart.

tesla-model-s.jpg

Specs:

CYLINDERS - DISPLACEMENT - POWER 310 KW @ 5000-8600 RPM

421 HP @ 5000-8600 RPM

416 BHP @ 5000-8600 RPM TORQUE 443 lb-ft @ 0-5100 RPM

601 Nm @ 0-5100 RPM FUEL SYSTEM - FUEL Electric

PERFORMANCE

TOP SPEED 130 mph OR 209 km/h ACCELERATION 0-62 MPH (0-100 KPH) 4.3 s

FUEL CONSUMPTION

CITY 87 mpg US OR 2.7 L/100Km HIGHWAY 90 mpg US OR 2.6 L/100Km COMBINED 89 mpg US OR 2.6 L/100Km

TRANSMISSION

DRIVE TYPE Rear Wheel Drive GEARBOX -

BRAKES

FRONT Ventilated Discs 355 mm x 32 mm REAR Ventilated Discs 365 mm x 28 mm

TIRES

TIRE SIZE -

DIMENSIONS

LENGTH 195.9 in OR 4976 mm WIDTH 77.3 in OR 1963 mm HEIGHT 56.5 in OR 1435 mm FRONT/REAR TRACK 2.6/2.6 in OR 66/66 mm WHEELBASE 116.5 in OR 2959 mm GROUND CLEARANCE 6 in OR 152 mm CARGO VOLUME 26.3 cuFT OR 745 L CD 0.24

WEIGHT

UNLADEN WEIGHT 4647 lbs OR 2108 kg GROSS WEIGHT LIMIT -

NOTICE

Electric Range:

265 mi (426 km) (EPA)

300 mi (480 km) (Tesla Motors)

310 mi (500 km) (NEDC)

Have you seen the crash tests of it? It BROKE some of the testing equipment! The same stuff which has 2 tonne range rovers crashed into it! It's so strong! Some minor issues with battery fires, but I'm sure they'll sort that out :lol:

I'd have one... I think. If they provided nomex underwear I really would :lol:

Yeah a few videos reviews are up but it IS bloody expensive though, plus the charging is going to be a pain in the arse until there are loads more around (the supercharge stations are around 30mins? iirc)

Evo rated it pretty highly if that's anything to go by.

:lol: broke, that sounds fun. Built like a tank, catches on fire, and runs out of power. I'm sure there's a positive somewhere.

Inspiration for the future though, and 0-60 in 4.2 it's competitive!!

They had to create a new method to flip it as the batteries put the centre of gravity so low. They need to flip the car to test the roll structure in an accident, however they couldn't get it over in any of the conventional methods, so basically had to devise a new test to throw it over.

• Like 1

They had to create a new method to flip it as the batteries put the centre of gravity so low. They need to flip the car to test the roll structure in an accident, however they couldn't get it over in any of the conventional methods, so basically had to devise a new test to throw it over.

They should have called in a film company to fit a hydraulic ram, they flip everything in the films :lol: (even explode :lol: )

Interesting though......

They should have called in a film company to fit a hydraulic ram, they flip everything in the films :lol: (even explode :lol: )

Interesting though......

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/tesla-model-s-now-the-safest-car-ever-crash-tested/#!Nrj0Q

Notice the last paragraph, now there's been at least 2 battery fires, although no one has been injured.

If your in the market for a £50-65K, 300-400Bhp, luxury barge for the family the Tesla S is almost a no-brainer. Its about 10-15% more to buy new than the equivalent A8/5 series/XJ but with a fraction of running costs....I'm 99% sure in a few years time when its time to move on from my 335i i'll be swapping it for an EV car. If i had the money I would buy one now, but I don't :(...Still all the more reason to try harder at work :teeth:

Notice the last paragraph, now there's been at least 2 battery fires, although no one has been injured.

I still rather site on a group of lithium batteries rather than having 60-70liters of flammable liquid in the boot.

Edited by gangzoom

I still rather site on a group of lithium batteries rather than having 60-70liters of flammable liquid in the boot.

Or a hydrogen bomb, as that's essentially what you have with a hydrogen powered car!

Never buy the first of anything. Wait until everyone else buys it, discovers the problems so the company who makes it can iron out the creases. I know i'd never buy the first flying car. Probably because i'd be dead before they were a reasonable option but still, if they were around in my life time and affordable, I wouldn't go near it.

• Like 1