Just bought this stonking driver (Golf Driver, not car!)

rickya

Online golf have a pretty good sale on at the moment, I picked up this driver worth £199 for £49.99 delivered! :D I bought it in 10 degree loft /stiff flex (draw bias), got the last one in that spec :teeth:

Went down the driving range today & walloped most approx 260 & some 270, with proper (non range) balls on a nice firm fairway I reckon I could quite comfortably see 300 yards B)

http://no longer valid

Review

http://www.equip2golf.com/reviews/reviews_frameset.html?drivers/adams_redline_rpm.html~reviews

adams_redlinerpm_driver5.jpg

Thats a double edged sword for me at the moment! When it works its good, but mostly my tempo is very erratic & usually all bad golf days are to do with swing speed getting stupidly fast & jerky, especially in transition from backswing to throughswing. :dry: I cant stay smooth

I dont really need it for my usual saturday game which is a small course but Im playing in a charity golf tournament next Saturday on a big 18 hole course in Milton Keynes. Have got a week & a half to get used to the driver & try controling my swing speed! This is the course, looks a bit daunting as I dont normally play such long holes, will have to get that fairway rescue club out a bit I imagine!

http://www.abbeyhillgc.co.uk/

http://www.abbeyhillgc.co.uk/asx_AH/abbey-hill-gc-map.jpg

Yep, added in comment after as I forgot to write what it was!

6000 yards off the white tees, 5800 or something off the yellows. It's a very pleasant walk, the 18th is down a scary hill and if you overshoot it the ball ends up in the car park! The 2nd is a nightmare. From the dogleg to about 30 yards in front of the green is a 45* uphill slope but it's blind too!

Course_Map.jpeg

My house is on the 13th fairway of this course (well just off the 13th fairway!

On the course I'm usually around the 100 mark, normally more to be honest. I have long gaps when I don't play! The second is usually a 6 or 7 I'm afraid. I think I've got a par once! It's so hard when the wind is against you!

I need practice though! I should sneak through the fence onto the course next to my house for a practice. It is handy living next to a course but it's a shame I don't like the course.

Here is a nice course near me, have a look at the site. My Dad is a founder member of the club. It is awesome! http://www.meldrumhousegolf.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 Forgot to say that it also has the best practice facilities in the UK too!

Looks good. Had a few days up in Scotland playing golf last week, played a couple times at Royal Troon then at another course near Glassgow.

Will need to start looking at getting another driver soon, not really played mine at all as I am not comfortable with it. Lucky for me the 3 iron was going well. Hit 1 fareway shot on a par 5 256yrs which I was very happy with (although the people on the green were not lol)

Played with my cousins and they hit the odd stonking drive 330+. Watching someone hit a good strike is sooo impressive.

Wouldn't go that far. My short game is what saves me. I used to be very wild but I slowly taming my drives and long irons.

You don't want to know how many balls I lots at Troon - that is one place that is NOT forgiving - miss the fairways by 3 yards and its bye bye ball half the time. That or you land in a bunker and have to play back.

Sarnie, from what I've heard (from my Dad - the man is always golfing.....) Te Belfry is awesome! He has played in a few competitions and had corporate days there. It's a long way to go!

Scotland is amazing for golf, my area is fantastic. Has such an array of courses and also three new huge ones in the pipeline! Donald Trumps, Paul Lawries and Jack Nicklaus!

Nice club, My mate has it with a Green Graphite shaft. I had a go on sunday and i was driving brilliant with it, getting really good distance. If i wasn't going away on hol i'd buy this. Just bought myself a set of Mizuno MX-19's too :teeth:

I've played the Belfry a couple of times, it's a great course. They've made it longer which really makes it more challenging!

I need to play more often, we should organise a day somewhere, only requirement being you have to still have your boot sticker in the Zed!! :D

Nice club, My mate has it with a Green Graphite shaft. I had a go on sunday and i was driving brilliant with it, getting really good distance. If i wasn't going away on hol i'd buy this. Just bought myself a set of Mizuno MX-19's too :teeth:

Iv tried the green shaft one, IIRC that is the std, non draw bias version. I tried that in regular flex, slightly easier to hit than my stiff flex. Im wondering wether I should have bought regular flex now!

The MX 19 are great clubs, I was deciding between those & the ones I eventually bought, the Adams Golf Ovation, which suited my swing better.

I got invited on a corporate golf day with Bupa at the Belfry tomorrow :teeth: Unfortunately you need a handicap and i'm still having lessons!!! :dry:

I can I go instead then Sarnie :teeth:

Nice club Ricky I got a Big Bertha Titanium Driver 11 last year, the head on that is massive :scare: