Strange Noise From my Zed

tkhubert

Hi Guys,

This is my first post and I need a bit of your expert advices.

I have a 2006 350z Japan import.

I am on a weekend trip and started to have a few problems with the car.

First of all, in the middle of my trip, the car started to make the noise of a crazy Ferrari and not surprisingly I realised that my exhaust was blowing. A joint on the exhaust pipes was totally worn out and the pipes were not connected anymore... I had a local garage weld my pipes together for a quick fix before fixing it properly when I get home. Noise is now back almost to normal. This was yesterday.

However today, when climbing a mountain, the engine warning light came up and I noticed a tac tac tac noise from the front of the car. Obviously I tried not to push the car afterwards, but as far as I can tell, the engine seems to still rev smoothly and I cannot perceive any performance degradation. I can t hear this tac tac tac when running the car...

Oddly, when I am at a stop and in neutral I can hear the tac tac tac noise, but when i press the clutch, the tac tac tac noise goes away. Any idea what this might be? I am going to bring the car to the garage when I come back but just wanted to hear some of your insights.

Not really sure, but it seems to me that the temperature gauge is a bit higher than usual as well.. Nothing dramatic there though.

For info, even though i am not sure this is relevant, I had an Amuse style front bumper fitted recently and had the UpRev ecu reflash done last week. I was told to change my sparks plugs as well...

Thank you for your help,

Best

Tom

Tac tac tac noises always concern me.

As the noise disappears when you press the clutch then it may be clutch bearing, flywheel or 1st motion shaft bearing.

However to be on the safe side best to dip your engine oil from cold.

Alex. :)

I just went to my car to do the pedal dance and get the code.

Strangly, the flashing starts and finishes by 2 slow flashes.

In the middle, I got 11 + 10 + 10 quick flashes. Would that mean 1100 code?

Does that seem possible? I thought it should start and finish by 10 quick flashes and show the code with slow flashes...

Thx for the help

Tom

Never like the pedal dance too easy to get it wrong, borrow or buy a OBD reader, I see your from London ask around I am sure there will be a member that's close to you that will give you a hand.