Noisy neighbours

Stew

I've had a few Dukes and I love the noise they make. I've always had noisy cans fitted, either Termis or Art ( Arts are noisier, but upset the "purists" ). I loved setting off early on Sunday mornings and seeing the curtains twitching. And then I would accelerate past a line of parked cars and look in the mirror to see all the lights flashing because the alarms had gone off - pure hooligan :teeth:

Thanks to this "summer" weather I still haven't bought a bike this year but I am starting to get withdrawl symptoms and I'm yearning for another Duke...

A lot of Dukes, most in fact, have noisy clutches. I think they run a "dry clutch" whereas Jap bikes run wet clutches, which I think means they run in Oil but I'm not that technical !

A lot of new bikes have these slipper clutches but that doesn't make them noisy, it just prevents the wheel locking on clumsy downshifts.

A lot of Dukes, most in fact, have noisy clutches. I think they run a "dry clutch" whereas Jap bikes run wet clutches, which I think means they run in Oil but I'm not that technical !

A lot of new bikes have these slipper clutches but that doesn't make them noisy, it just prevents the wheel locking on clumsy downshifts.

Yeah Ducati clutches tend to have that distinctive rattle! Like a bag of spanners jangling around......

And you spot on about the slipper clutch.......

Anyway, you making me think how i miss the sound of my Aprilia V-Twin (tuono).... :blush:

Yeah Ducati clutches tend to have that distinctive rattle! Like a bag of spanners jangling around......

Anyway, you making me think how i miss the sound of my Aprilia V-Twin (tuono).... :blush:

your welcome to come and listen t mine....... ;)

its got twin ackropovics on it....... :teeth:

your welcome to come and listen t mine....... ;)

its got twin ackropovics on it....... :teeth:

ha ha ha..... barsteward! ;)

if I came to listen, then I'd be bashing the credit card again! (la la la I'm not listening).... :help: