CCTV

nixy

Going back to my problem of protecting the cars from neighbour's kids in our shared drive - someone suggested CCTV to me. Does anyone have any experience in this area and do you think it would be worth getting? How legal is it?

I have it :ninja:

no question of legality, you are protecting your property, you do have to careful however if your neighbours property is visible on camera as this can breach their rights so you have to set it up so they are not infringed.

Also, if you wish to use it as evidence in court the pictures/recorded images must be overlaid with the time and date from my understanding of the law, just something to bear in mind if that is your intended (but hopefully not required) use.

:yawn:

My aunties property is covered with CCTV. She lives out the road a bit and has CCTV to see who enters her property with a laseresque beam that makes a noise and switches on the recorder. She also has a cattery (like dog kennels but for cats) on the property so it's to protect them!

Where it points wouldn't be a problem then because it would go on the corner of our house and point into the driveway. would probably need 2 cameras in order to cover the required area though. Anyway it's food for thought!

Depends what you want to use it for. I had a £30 black and white + sound B&Q camera at my last place hidden from view. If you want it for yourself and that's it ;) then legality isn't such an issue.

If you want to use it for court then whatever these guys say I guess. :blush:

and see my homer simpson lookalike hubbie in his pants on a morning?

On a brighter note - he had a word with our neighbour and told her it was going to cost him a grand for a new bumper on the BMW (figure plucked out of thin air) and the drive has been very quiet since - for now!

House is now on the market though.