Bulge Bonnet / Spacers

Ceejay29

Tonight I noticed that my shiney strut brace has a slight mark on it where it is possibly fouling the underside of the bonnet. I have always wanted a facelift bonnet and presume this would resolve the issue. Where can I buy one and do we know for how much?

Could bonnet spacers be an interim remedy? Has anybody fitted them on their beast? Could look pants though as the bonnet would be foreseeably higher?

Or I could try to reduce the strut spacers installed as part of the H-Dev plenum spacer kit.

Hmmm.....options

Yes, all bonnet spacers or lifters will lift the bonnet at the rear as that is what you are trying to do to clear the strut brace.

However the end result is like marmite.

There are much cheaper lifter options available.

You could also lower the strut brace to clear the bonnet , but make sure that it clears the plenum.

A new HR bulge bonnet will also work but may not suit your pocket.

Alex. :)

Genuine bulge bonnet from Nissan is around £280 ( that's what mine cost from them) give them a HR reg plate though when ordering as they don't have a clue what a bulge bonnet is!

At the rear of the bonnet there are hooks which match up to hooks on the bottom half of the hinge, these are designed so that in a big shunt your bonnet doesn't come through the windscreen. Couldn't bonnet lifters cause an issue with this?