Just been to have a look at the new zed

Beavis

Just popped into Holdcrofts to have a look at the new 07 zed, in that dark blue colour. As i drove on to the forcourt i had the window down and someone said whilst looking at the new zed wow a yellow one, and mine grabbed more attention than the brand new dark blue one, must admit that its very shiny at the moment. Anyhow i had a look at the new car and it does nothing for me in that colour, it looked very dull and bland. :thumbdown:

I've driven the 07 model with Nismo exhaust and nismo shocks...

1. Not a fan of the nismo shocks, no travel for UK roads... to hard on the road, my 2004 std have better ride quality.

2. Nismo Exhaust something else... definetely need one... :thumbs:

3. The steering has become a lot lighter than my 04, i guess they have revised the power steering, easier on towns but not sure about high speed feel.

4. The gear change is much smoother than my 04 gear box.

5. The power is noticeable in mid-gears a lot more, it oulls much better in 3rd and 4th and 5th to be honest...

The RE050n tyres are definetely an improvement to the RE050 for grip and reduced road noise, but for grip the michelins still beats them...

Strange that dealers dont get an eyecatching demo. I know its everyone to their own but its an eyecatching car so why have a consrvative colour.

One thing I have always smiled at with Nissan, I started with the 260's They do have a very diverse and sometimes bemusing range of colours.

Nowt wrong with yours anyway Beavis, probably like it more now!

:D

Nowt wrong with yours anyway Beavis, probably like it more now!

:D

:thumbs: And mine as the Nismo exhaust on and when the salesman heard it..........well his face said it all. B)

Nope wont be swapping anytime soon. :thumbs:

Strange that dealers dont get an eyecatching demo. I know its everyone to their own but its an eyecatching car so why have a consrvative colour. :D

The dealers don't usually have any choice of colour and spec when getting their first demonstators of new models.

Also, they tend to get the colour that sells well...... for example, my dealers only ever get their demo's in one colour (GM)..... which is now not as nice as it was with the primer colour.....

I've driven the 07 model with Nismo exhaust and nismo shocks...

1. Not a fan of the nismo shocks, no travel for UK roads... to hard on the road, my 2004 std have better ride quality.

2. Nismo Exhaust something else... definetely need one... :thumbs:

3. The steering has become a lot lighter than my 04, i guess they have revised the power steering, easier on towns but not sure about high speed feel.

4. The gear change is much smoother than my 04 gear box.

5. The power is noticeable in mid-gears a lot more, it oulls much better in 3rd and 4th and 5th to be honest...

The RE050n tyres are definetely an improvement to the RE050 for grip and reduced road noise, but for grip the michelins still beats them...

Clutch is also different. Pedal is not heavy at all. It reminded me of driving cars like the Focus where the clutch pedal seemed to do nothing. Push it in, change gear, pedal flicks back with no reassuring weight behind it. Dealer drove my MY04 and hated the heavy clutch and steering.

Engine sounds better and is a lot smoother.

Gearbox is a lot smoother.

Gear leaver no longer vibrates.

Release bearing noise is gone.

As said steering is a lot lighter and at speed is fine.

Steering wheel has more padding.

No cup holder in the dash. It's now a coin tray or something.

I have list of the engine changes if anyone's interested.

Guy